Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashswede

In the first file I only fin this:<body onload="init()">';
is that the right sentence?

I use the triton theme

Attached the files, very greatful for any help :)

iseeuu

Well bigguy;

I have accomplished just about as much as my limited skill will allow.  I have banner ads showing and centered.  Tower ads not working.  Pushes the forum layout down underneath the ad;  but since I didn't like the obtrusiveness of the big ads, I not going to use them anyway.  I can't help being proud of the placement of the "welcome" ad.  Using "colspan" and "rowspan" and moving the ad script between the login name and the date, I was able to make another column in my customized header for square ads.  I think it fits nicely, and the color scheme is awesome. 8)

Two things really helped. One was figuring out what version to use.  The second was to go back to the original Classic YaBB theme and get it working.  Since my theme started there, once it was working it was a lot easier to edit in my customizations to get back to my theme's appearance.

Bigguy, I really appreciate all you have done so that the ad mod (which is an awesome idea in of itself) will work with so many themes and variations.  You may have thought of this already, but in upcoming releases of SMF, if the spaces for ads were "built in" where customizing could work around those spaces without changing them, the ad mod would be a cinch to setup and use.

One last comment, it was very reassuring to see your reply to my post so quickly.  Awesome! ;D
(I will thank you with $ if and when my site generates some $)

Robert
http://www.infinitecomputerworks.com/

bigguy

Glad you got it working. If there is anything else I can do just ask. :)

hongster

Hi Bigguy,

Thanks for your distribution for ads mod it quite useful for forum users and it works fine with my default theme. However when I switched my theme to rocket theme versatility 2 sienna and try to do the manual install, I found out some difficulty due to skill limitation, I would like to ask you to take a look for my themes coding and give me some advices.

Thanks and regards,
Hongster

bigguy

These files already have the ad mod edits in them ???

hongster

Havent yet, I tried to add in myself but the coding for rocket themes versatility 2 is totally different with the default themes, therefore i duno how to manual install into the coding part especially for index.template.php. Could you give me some hints how to add in to the themes.

Thanks and regards,
Hongster

bigguy

rav33n

Hey, I'm having some trouble manually modifying the index.template file of my custom theme "PSPTheme". I think the problem is that there is no "template_menu();" in the file, but there are two instances of template_menu()... that is without the ";".

I've attached the file. Would be greatful if you could explain how to fix this problem. Or if you could make the changes yourself it'd be great :).

Thanks,
Rav

bigguy

Thier shouldnt be two instances of it. Putting the appropriate edit after one of them would be correct. I am not familiar with this theme. Was it released at simplemachines.org.

rav33n

Yes its on the official site -
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=215

I get errors in index.temlplate.php when i make the edits.

http://www.gamer.lk is the forum in question.

rav33n

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

:(

bigguy