News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jjciantar

I have a question. It says <td>&nspb</td>; or something similar. Is it the same as
                          </td>
?

If so, where should I edit?

bigguy

follow the edits I have posted and you should be fine. That particular edit is a bit tricky. You could get a copy of the default theme and search for that edit in it to see what code is around it, that way you will or should know approximently were to edit the other file.

Drea

I can't figure this out for the orange it2 theme its different then others. can anyone help please?

wholesales4u

I uploaded the edited files to get babylon to work with the ad system
but when I go into the forum and look at a post I get an error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in .../Themes/babylon/Display.template.php on line 785

What do I do? :-\

Is there any other template that will work without editing that I can just download?

thanks

thelaw

Hello bigguy,

Okey...SMF V1.1.1 is back, and so am I.

I updated SMF V1.1.1 using Epsilon theme Epsilon (epsilon11RC2).
Once i updated the SMF version, i had to also reinstall Ad Manager, installed it and now it shows me all options as earlier stated that i couldn't see those options. But now, the main problem is...that the ads won't display.

Any ideas what is causing this? Help will be appreciated, forum now runs on default theme (that way it displays the ads) www.singleforums.com

Thank you

bigguy

What template files do you have in the epsilon11RC2 folder.

thelaw

Folders:
  images
  languages
file under language folders "Modifications.english.php"

Files in the epsilon11RC2:
   BoardIndex.template.php
   Display.template.php
   MessageIndex.template.php
   Settings.template.php
   Themes.template.php
   index.php
   index.template.php
   style.css
   theme_info.xml

bigguy

Rename these 3 files:

BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php

to:

BoardIndex.template1.php
Display.template1.php
MessageIndex.template1.php

and see how the forum looks. If it still looks like epsilon then all you have to do is edit the index.template.php

thelaw

Hello bigguy,
I just made the changes and renamed the files , the forum sure looks like the epsilon theme, but the problem is that the ads are not showing www.singleforums.com for preview.

bigguy

Where do you have them showing on the forum like where are they set to show in the admin panel.

thelaw

Quote from: bigguy on December 28, 2006, 08:05:23 PM
Where do you have them showing on the forum like where are they set to show in the admin panel.

Display ads on board index
Display ads on thread index
Display ads on thread

This is checkbox i have select where the ads to show, they are supposed to display on all threads as i have left empty the input for "Which boards should this ad display in" ?

If you want, i can change into default theme, so you can have a better picture, but thing that would not be necessary since it displays the ads exactly on the checked boxes as explained above.

imschur

Hello

Im redirected from this thread. Im trying to work the ad mod out in the azure theme. I read the information in this thread but Im still a bit puzzled. My theme folder doesnt have all the files listed in the beginning of this thread so Im pretty sure Im missing something obvious. ive attached an image of the azure theme directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Tia
Andrew

bigguy

@ imschur: Just do the edits for the indx.template.php file then or rename it to index.template1.php

@ TheLaw: I might have to take a closer look at this. If all the edits are in and it is still not showing then there has to be a problem with the theme somewhere.

imschur

Quote from: bigguy on December 29, 2006, 03:44:47 PM
@ imschur: Just do the edits for the indx.template.php file then or rename it to index.template1.php

@ TheLaw: I might have to take a closer look at this. If all the edits are in and it is still not showing then there has to be a problem with the theme somewhere.

Thank you