News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

Ok you can post them here again and can you also post the version of SMF that you are running and what version of the ad mod. Lately people haven't been very clear about that.

Rastarr

Sure, sorry about the lack of clarity.

I'm using SMF Live Forum Messanger theme 1.1 RC2 and the SMF Ads v2.0
The files are attached.

Cheers and thanks again

botcee

Quote from: bigguy on October 31, 2006, 10:54:59 PM
@ botcee: have you edited this file or is it a un-modified version of your template. ???

semi edited version :(

bigguy

@ Rastarr: Try this file and see if it works. I am going to do this one at a time so I know which has the error. This one might produce one because of the edit near          </td>

EDIT: I know the BoardIndex.template.php is right so here is that file.
EDIT: The MessageIndex.template.php should be ok to.

Rastarr

bigguy,

Still testing though looks pretty darn good so far. Certainly look forward to the last file you're working on - thank you so much for your work so far.

Now if I can only get rid of these pesky non-English ads, I'll be in heaven  ;D

bigguy

So all those work fine then, awesome. Are these NON-edited files. Do they have any other mods installed on them. ??? Here is the last file:

Rastarr

Bog standard - no mods installed, no past edits done.
Still testing the 3 out of 4 files in off viewing time - looks good though. Haven't tested skyscraper mode yet either.

bigguy

Ok, if these edits work I am going to zip these for everyone else to use. What theme is this again, lol. (Sorry short memory)

Rastarr

I installed the display.template.php file and received the error below:

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/SLFM/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../Themes/SLFM/Display.template.php on line 1105

1096: // Finally the most important bit - the actual text box to write in!
1097: echo '
1098: <tr>
1099: <td valign="top" align="right"></td>
1100: <td>
1101: <textarea class="editor" name="', $context['post_box_name'], '" rows="', $context['post_box_rows'], '" cols="', $context['post_box_columns'], '" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onchange="storeCaret(this);" tabindex="6"></textarea>
1102: </td>
1103: </tr>';
1104: }
1105: ?>
1106:
1107:

I also notice that the 'Display ads in the welcome user area' option plonks an Ad into the News banner section like the attached - is that the position it's meant to be ?

This theme is called SMF Live Forum Messenger over at http://ztut.com/

Cheers
Rastarr

bigguy

Ok, rename your display.template.php file to display.template1.php and SMF should pick it up from the default template file. As for were the welcome ads are shown; I can't be exactly sure where they are going to show up as every template file is different. I only go by the edits in the .xml file of the ad mod. If you would like it customized for your theme then that would require a little more work and time, but could be done.

Rastarr

Not sure I understand, bigguy.
Do you mean I have both a modded file called display.template.php file and an unmodded original file called display.template1.php and that this fixes the above error?

botcee

dude i really need to get my index.php fixed...could you please rectiy that thing please?

lill-micke

Hi!

I use:
Forum: SMF 1.1 RC3
Portal: MKPortal M1.1 Rc1
Theme: pdx-dk03 RC3

I hava installed this grate mod whit the package manager.
And I have alter my theme after the first post in this Topic.
But I have one problem, I get this error when I enter a Topic:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /hsphere/local/home/bikerlin/bikersite.se/forum/Themes/pdx-dk04rc3/Display.template.php on line 758

I have attachment the four files that have to bee altered (The files that I attached are original and not altered)

Can enyone alter or help me to alter this files so I don't get this error?

//Micke

lill-micke

I have fixed that problem, but now I have this problem.
I get this error where the Ads will show in the forum:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /hsphere/local/home/bikerlin/bikersite.se/forum/Sources/Load.php(1702) : eval()'d code(12) : eval()'d code on line 1

Why do I get this error?

bigguy

@ Rastarr: No I mean rename the display.template.php file in your theme to display.template1.php

This way SMF will read off of the default theme for that template file and the edits should already be there.

@ botcee: There are no edits that go ito the index.php file. If I have forgotten about you I am sorry I have been a bit busy lately. Please send me a link to the original post and I will try to get things sorted out for you.

@ lill-micke: Then try doing the same as I have told Rastarr to do. This should take care of that problem.