News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

There should be no problem with any of it. Do you have scripts blocked in FF (if your using it) have you cleaned out your temp files and tried a hard refresh. ??? Do the slots for the ads show up in between posts or not. ???

ravenlife

Hello,

i too have teh parse error.

i could only find the lines in the DISPLAY.TEMPLATE.PHP and MessageIndex.template.php files. i couldnt find the other lines in the other files

i have the forum wrapped with joomla, but even the standalone doesnt display the ads.

any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

RavenLife

Things i have -
SMF RC2 (patched to 2-2)
SMF bridge From JoomlaHacks
Joomla 1.0.11
Versatility2 theme from Rockettheme.com

[/]

flits

Your followed the intruction exactly as posted, which is good! But this time you should not have done that ;) ;D

This was mentioned in the instructions:
In the same file FIND:
// Get all the messages...

And REPLACE with:

//Ad Counter
$adcounter =0;
while ($message = $context['get_message']())
{
$adcounter++;

What you did was overwriting only the "// Get all the messages..." line with the new content ;)
I made the same mistake and ended up with the same error! (maybe the instructions should be changed ;))

This is what the instruction should say:
In the same file FIND:
{

And replace it with:
//Ad Counter
$adcounter =0;
{
$adcounter++;

Hope this helped ;)

DoA

hi bigguy,

firstly many thanks for taking the time to figure this out, its because of people like you that the software and additional themes keep running.

Having said that, I can't get it to work - I got an index.template.php parse error when i'd done the first edits, I replaced that and got subsequent edits on other pages - so at the moment i'm back to the old unmodified template.

I would really apprechiate it if you could help me get this sorted out - i'm using the helios multi template by bloc --> http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat27

Many thanks in advance.

I'm on msn messenger and email, but easiest way to contact me is PM. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Adam

bigguy

Can you post the index.template.php file for me and I will take alook.

ravenlife

flitz i did what you said and i no longer get the parse error

altough i still do not see any adverts.

any help would be appreciated

RL

DoA

Hi bigguy,

Thanks for the reply - i'll post if this doesn't sort it out

I am running forum version 1.07 - do I have to use these instructions - http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=59.0    ????

Do the mods in the post linked above work for all templates or just the default one?

bigguy

Yes those are the edits to use and yes they SHOULD work with all themes. Some people name things differently in themes so it might be hard to find some of the edits but it does work.

Vinspire

Hi, is it possible to make a tutorial on how to edit ad_mod for RC3 in Helios Eclipse Theme.

The codes in those theme seems to be quite different from other theme ...

Link to download the theme : http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item406

bigguy

lol, I thought you mean helios multi just for SMF over on simplemachines.org so I went ahead and did the edits for that theme. I have not tried editing a theme that involves Tp yet.

bigguy

Ok, try this, this is only for helios mutli for TP:

Vinspire

Quote from: bigguy on October 04, 2006, 04:06:55 PM
lol, I thought you mean helios multi just for SMF over on simplemachines.org so I went ahead and did the edits for that theme. I have not tried editing a theme that involves Tp yet.

Lolz ... luckily i've posted a link for it.  :D

Quote from: bigguy on October 04, 2006, 04:25:42 PM
Ok, try this, this is only for helios mutli for TP:

Thanks a lot bigguy. Will check it out  8)

Duernu

Hello!

I have a big problem, everythig is installed OK but I can`t see any ads.
If I turn to "default theme" it wors ok so I think it is because of the theme I`m using ("puzzle" theme).
I use SMF 1.1 RC3 forum version, and I have tried to do the index.template modifications but then I had a "farse error" and the forum did not work at all.
Any idea of how can I change that file?

Thank you

bigguy

Duernu