Main Menu
Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cholo

I believe so.  All I know right now is:

-My ads are up and working for the most part
-I can't display ads in the "login bar"(I think that's what it's called) as in other themes
-When I put ads under the menu bar, they go over to the left, even with <center> tags.
-I have a google image only ad that is set to display on the bottom of all pages. It displays on the bottom of every page except the home page.  ???

Other than those problems, everything else having to do with the ads seems to be working just fine.

bigguy

Do you have a link to the forum so I can see. ???

bigguy

If you look here:

http://www.easyc.info/forum/index.php

That is were I had to put the edits so I could get it to show up even close to the "Login bar". To center the ads try this code:

<div align="center">ADCODE</div>

As for why they show on all pages at the bottom other than the index, I`m not sure maybe Jerm can answer that.

Cholo

Thanks bigguy. I'm not expecting you have the answer to every one of my questions, but I figured I'd ask. I'll ask Jerm about the no show ad on the bottom. I'll try a few things more too.  And sorry for all the dumb questions, but where exactly would I put that alignment code? Thanks for all your help.

bigguy

Put that code around the google ad code that you placed in the ad management mod. That should do it.

Cholo

Thanks! That did it.  :)  And where should I post that question for Jerm? or should I pm him directly?

hygron

Hey bigguy, I was reffered to you from a member at tinyportal, because I fot a failure message for index.template.php (the rest were successful) after attempting to apply ad manager to my smf1.0.7/tiny portal/techhead theme

I realize the edits you listed were for 1.1...so, can you help me?  Or, please refer me to the correct edits for 1.0.7/tp/techhead?  thanks, Hygron
Live a greener healthier intentionally self-substantial lifestyle, and leave a smaller footprint on dear "Mother Earth"

bigguy

I posted an answer to your other post, I think that answers this to.

skelm

I am using pn-pn theme and get Template Parse Error! when i do the first edit on index.template.php, I tried doing all the edits. Same failure - then I tied doing just the first edit and it give me the below errors.

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/pnpn11rc3/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/pnpn11rc3/index.template.php on line 209

200:
201:          current_header = mode;
202:       }
203:    // ]]></script>
204: </head>
205: <body>
206: //Display ads on the top of the page
207:    $ads = show_topofpageAds();   
208:    if(!empty($ads))

209:       if($ads['type']==0)

210:          echo $ads['content'];
211:       else
212:          eval($ads['content']);   
213:    unset($ads);

DawnsWebDesigns

I've looked & looked & looked for the right </td> to put your coding before or after.  I simply can't find it.  Actually I've round a few/don't know which to choose from.  I also tried downloading the one you fixed for someone else to copy what you did there.  I can't find a </td> with anything next to it to copy.  My text editing program has line numbers.  Can you tell me which one this </td> might be found?

I just got RC3.  The arcade & donations mods are so touchy you must install them first.  But now I can't install this ad mod through the package manager.  I tried to do it manually...& got an error code about the code missing a (') or a (;) or something like that.  But I already told you about it on the SMF board.  It totally crashed my board & I simply started over/built another one.  I won't do it again.

Maybe I'll just wait 'til I find one I can upload through the package manager.  :-\ 

bigguy

Do you have this code in the Index.template.php file ??? If so add the next edit after it:

</form>';
}

echo '
';

skelm

Quote from: skelm on August 26, 2006, 11:46:37 AM
I am using pn-pn theme and get Template Parse Error! when i do the first edit on index.template.php, I tried doing all the edits. Same failure - then I tied doing just the first edit and it give me the below errors.

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/pnpn11rc3/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/pnpn11rc3/index.template.php on line 209

200:
201:          current_header = mode;
202:       }
203:    // ]]></script>
204: </head>
205: <body>
206: //Display ads on the top of the page
207:    $ads = show_topofpageAds();   
208:    if(!empty($ads))

209:       if($ads['type']==0)

210:          echo $ads['content'];
211:       else