Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJayWay

Quote from: bigguy on November 13, 2006, 09:20:40 PM
@ BlueJayWay: Try this, backup first:
Thanks
Tried it still getting parse error and also not tied to background colours and images.

Ill post the parse error latter tonight to see if its the same.

thelaw

Hello,

I just installed the mod successfully, well, just installed, because it is not really working. I am getting two errors, or better to say i am not getting two things that i was supposed to get after installing the ad mod.

1st. Ad mod doesn't display ads on theme Epsilon (i searched around on this forum, but it was impossible to find a fix for that theme, so i found this topic and tried to make the necessary modifications but then i was halted, on this theme, i can't find the // Show the "Powered by" line on index.template.php so i had to stop editing before i messed up everything).

2nd. Even on the default theme when i go on Admin section, i do not see the Ad Manager link, i have to go on  Edit Features and Options to be able to see the Ad Management (tho, i still won't be able to see the additional options like to chose on which topic to display this ad, or to name a ad) all i see is the input boxes for:
   Display ads on every page (ontop)     
   Display ads on every page (onbottom)    
   Display ads on Board Index    
   Display ads on Thread    
   Display ads on Thread Index    
   Display ads after first post
and the textarea for adding the code.

Anyone can point me to the right direction? Has anyone modified already his Epsilon theme style and made it work with Ad Manager ?

Thank you

p.s. the ad manager works just fine (except the fact that i can't find the Ad Manager link on Admin section) with the default theme.

Jjciantar

Hello, I'm new to the forums, but I tried installing it manually I get this error.

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/orange-lt03/index.template.php on line 174

165:
166:             current_header_ic = mode;
167:          }
168:       </script>
169: </head>
170: <body id="page_bg">
171:    //Display ads on the top of the page
172:    $ads = show_topofpageAds();   
173:    if(!empty($ads))

174:       if($ads['type']==0)

175:          echo $ads['content'];
176:       else
177:          eval($ads['content']);   
178:    unset($ads);

I don't know what to do. My theme I use is called Orange-LT
http://themes.simplemachines.org/index.php?lemma=155

Could you please help me.
If you need to contact me my AIM is Jjciantar.
I'd like this done as soon as possible.
Your help will be appreciated.

cslepage

I just updated my SMF board to 1.1:

http://smileysmile.net/board/

As I use the Helios theme, I have to do the manual edits.  I get errors for any of the edits for display.template.php.

Jjciantar

Yes I tried doing it again. It gave me this:

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/orange-lt03/index.template.php on line 194
Quote185:                 }
186:              echo '
187:             </div>
188:          </div>
189:       </div>
190:       
191:    //Below the menu ads
192:    $ads = show_indexAds();   
193:    if(!empty($ads))

194:       if($ads['type']==0);

195:          echo $ads['content'];
196:       else
197:          eval($ads['content']);
198:    unset($ads);

Again, I'd like this done ASAP.

bigguy

@ cslepage: rename your display.template.php file and see if that makes a difference.

@ Jjciantar:  On that line 174 ad a ; to the end of it so it would be like this:  if($ads['type']==0);

@ thelaw: check your modifications.english.php file and see if the edits were done there.

Jjciantar

If you look at my second post it's already like that.

thelaw

Hello bigguy,

I do see some modifications on modifications.english.php (on default theme, not on epsilon, on Epsilon theme that file doesn't even exist).

What i do see are two files
   Modifications.english.php
   Modifications.english.php~

On Modifications.english.php file i see this
<?php
// Version: 1.0; Modifications

// Js - Strings

$txt['js_ads_title'] = 'Ad Management';
$txt['js_text_displayads_index'] = 'Display ads on every page (ontop)';
$txt['js_text_displayads_botindex'] = 'Display ads on every page (onbottom)';
$txt['js_text_displayads_board_index'] = 'Display ads on Board Index';
$txt['js_text_displayads_display'] = 'Display ads on Thread';
$txt['js_text_displayads_message_index'] = 'Display ads on Thread Index';
$txt['js_text_displayads_firstpost'] = 'Display ads after first post';
$txt['js_text_disc'] = 'Write your code here';
$txt['js_text_help'] = 'Make sure that your code is compatible with HTML';
$txt['permissiongroup_ad_manage'] = 'Ad Management';
$txt['permissionname_ad_manageperm'] = 'Enable ads';
$txt['permissionhelp_ad_manageperm'] = 'To enable ads to appear for this membergroup, this must be checked';

?>

While on Modifications.english.php~ file i see this
<?php
// Version: 1.0; Modifications

?>

Should i remove Modifications.english.php~ or it can sit there? The ads will show only on the default theme and without all the futures (as i stated on the previous post), while on Epsilon theme it will not show at all.

Thank you.

bigguy

Move the modification.english.php file into the theme's langauge folder you are using. If there is no langauge folder than create one.

thelaw

Hello again bigguy,
I just moved the modifications.english.php file from the default theme to the Epsilon theme, now i do see the tab for displaying ads (not directly from the menu, but from Edit Features and Options) yet, the ads will not display on the theme.

Here is a link to the forum singleforums.com

note: I have not made the modifications to the files as posted by you in the beginning of this thread since i couldent find the line // Show the "Powered by" in index.template.php file of the theme.

Thank you.

bigguy

Try renaming some of the files you cannot edit. Doing this will make SMF use the default templates were the edits are already done. If you rename a file and your forum starts to look wierd just rename it back to the original name. Also if you cannot find an entire line of code that must be edited try searching for part of that line, that usually works.

thelaw

Hello bigguy,

Problem solved, ads are now showing...but i still can't add different ad groups, i can use one single ad for everything.

What changes are required to be able to solve this issue and add different ads for different parts of the forum?

Thank you

bigguy

How many template files did you rename in the custom theme you are using. ??? The ones you did not rename will have to be edited manually. also, you can have 2 ads show in the same spot, after a refresh of the page the ads will rotate.

thelaw

Hello bigguy,
I renamed two files, Border.index and Display.index files. I would really appriciate if I could add different ads for different threads, it would of be very usefully feature.

Thank you.

yeehaa

I used the edits in the Ig-Oh theme and it gave me a bunch of errors.

I found that I was having problems copying the format and pasting it in the files correctly-

Does the spacing of the edits need to be the same? whenever I pasted the edits into the file (using PSPad freeware) it was aligning the edits to the left.