News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinspire

Quote from: bigguy on October 04, 2006, 04:25:42 PM
Ok, try this, this is only for helios mutli for TP:

bigguy, thx for the files. i manage to get it working but it look super weird in helios theme wif the codes you send to me.

i'll have to re-allocate the ads location again but ur file does make a good guideline on which files i need to edit. thanks buddy :)

Vinspire

bigguy, from the codes you gave me ... this is how the welcome ads appear in my helios theme.

So, i've tried my best to change the welcome ads but the best i could do is

Any idea of how to get the welcome ads to be in the position it is suppose to be like in the default ?

bigguy

The first 2 do look wierd but the third looks like it's in place. Helios multi is a hard one to get right. If you don't get it I will try again. Glad it works though with no errors.

Vinspire

Quote from: bigguy on October 07, 2006, 08:09:25 PM
The first 2 do look wierd but the third looks like it's in place. Helios multi is a hard one to get right. If you don't get it I will try again. Glad it works though with no errors.

Yeap. Helios is a hard one  :-[

Help me get the welcome ads to be like the 3rd one please ... Been spending few hours trying to get it in the position. I think it needed extra code  :( >:(

crazypal24x7

heeyaaaaa !!!!!

well I m lil confused  coz I dont hav display.template.php in my dilbermc theme folder !!
plz can any1 help me !!!!!!! but I hav dat file in mah default theme folder, do I hav 2 edit dat file 4 ad management 2 work on my dilber Mc theme  ????

adios !!!!!!!

bigguy

crazypal24x7 if there is no display.template.php then SMF uses the default template file and ti should already be edited through the installation of the ad mod, unless you had erros on that file in particular when installing.

bigguy

Vinspire I will try to do the edits again and see what I can come up with. Another idea would be to ask the author of the theme. Show him the files I edited and see what he can come up with.

ronnyship

Quote from: bigguy on June 21, 2006, 10:14:35 AM
Make sure the mod is installed first and then edit the template you want to use with these edits.

I am having problems in getting my mod installed (just got your tip in other thread to do it manually). Have tried that but no sucess so far. Tech info: [ad_mod_1-0-8_v1-0-2c.zip on SMF 1.0.8. Theme: Arobase Skin. When installing the mod, I get following messages (in Norwegian but assume understandable):

1. Kjør kode install.php 
2. Kjør modifikasjon ./Sources/ModSettings.php Mislyktes (failed)
3. Kjør modifikasjon ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Sucess
4. Kjør modifikasjon ./Themes/default/index.template.php Sucess
5. Kjør modifikasjon ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Sucess
6. Kjør modifikasjon ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Sucess
7. Kjør modifikasjon ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Sucess
8. Kjør modifikasjon ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Sucess

For some reason I am not able to change permissions on the "ModSettings.php" file to 777. Is that what is failing my MOD to install? I cannot locate any topic on how to fix this although I am sure you guys have answered similar question before. Really really like this MOD so am not giving up  ;)

Any obvious error or operation I can do to get this working with my theme?

chinclub

I am in need of a little help.  I'm not sure if you can help me on this thread or if you can point me to the correct spot to look.  I am needing to do a manual install on RC3 on the default theme.  Apparently some of my other mods are interfering with the package install for Display.template.php & index.template.php.

I followed the directions in the begining of this thread and all went well until I went to post a new thread to my board.  That gave me a template Parse Error for Display.template.php.

Line 840 was highlighted which is the last line of Display.template.php with only this:

?>

I redid the code twice to be sure it wasn't a typo on my part.  Any suggestions, please...    :-\

bigguy

@ ronnyship: I would asume that is the problem. Ask your host if they can change the permissions on that file for you and possibly check to re-own your files.

@ chinclub: Can you post that file for me and I will see if I can do it for you. ???

chinclub

That is so nice of you!  Thank-you! Here is the Display.template.php without the manual install.

chinclub

I still get the same error

There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/Display.template.php

840: ?>

bigguy

There should not have been any problem with that at all. Hmm, I will try again.

mutya

hello!
The ad mod v2 is now working in my default theme. I'm now trying to make it work for the dilbermc theme. I edited the index.template.php, as instructed in the 1st post (using wordpad, save as text), upload it and get the parse code error! Just like the earlier posts here.
Does anybody here have the edit files for the dilbermc theme? :
index.template, boardindex.template, display.template and message.index
Thanks in advance!  :)