News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Galaxy Theme

Started by Soulgirl, November 20, 2008, 01:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulgirl

Hi there :o)

I've installed your mod successfully except for the index.template.php file.

Can someone help with the positioning of the required code?  I've attached my file :)

Thank you so much :)

Karen x

Soulgirl

I've tried to follow the instructions in the sticky but sadly I'm not able to add the code without getting parse errors all the time :(

I can get all the code in except for the bit after template_menu(); as I don't have that and no matter what I try or where I place the code, it just doesn't work :(

Can someone help me?

ccbtimewiz

Post the code you're having trouble with.

Soulgirl

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.  I can't see where to put this bit of code:

//Below the menu ads
if (function_exists("show_indexAds") && function_exists("show_towerleftAds") && function_exists("show_towerrightAds"))
{
$ads = show_indexAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);

//Tower left Ads
$ads = show_towerleftAds();
if(!empty($ads))
echo '<table><tr><td valign="top">', $ads['type']==0 ? $ads['content'] : eval($ads['content']) ,'</td><td width="100%" valign="top">';

unset($ads);
//Tower Right Ads
$ads = show_towerrightAds();
if(!empty($ads))
echo '<table><tr><td width="100%" valign="top">';
unset($ads);
}

When finding template_menu();  in my index.template.php file (which is attached to my first post) I can't insert the code after it without breaking it.

I'm also not sure if I got the bit of code after the </td> in the right place either so I've attached my file with the bits of code I've popped in already that haven't broken the code although I am ending up with a misplaced column advert at the bottom of the page that shouldn't be there.... they should be at the side.

ccbtimewiz

Find:
  <div id="toolbar">

',template_menu(),'

</div>

Replace with:

<div id="toolbar">';

template_menu();

// the ad code

echo '

</div>

Soulgirl

YOU are a GOD!  Thank you so very much... really appreciate that!  Do you have anyone you would like me to make a donation to?

ccbtimewiz

There's a donate button at the top for the ad project.

Soulgirl

I ran into problems... probably with the placement of the other bits of code... my members complained that the font was so small it was unreadable... I give up LOL

ccbtimewiz

Soulgirl

It's www.southernsoul.info/smf but I've replaced the index.template.php file for the original one now.