News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

1.1.7 Detailed Installation Instructions?

Started by chackett, November 18, 2008, 02:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chackett

Hi All,

The current supported version of SMF is 1.1.7 right?  There is no installation instruction for this ad mod for 1.1.7?

I saw someone suggest just editing the .xml package file, repackaging and installing the mod that way and everything should be fine?  I did that, and the installation said it completed successfully.  However I don't see any ads anwhere after having done the install.

It looked to me like the installer attempted to make the file edits, but not all of them were made.  I'm guessing because some of the "After" (text / code to search for) doesn't exist.

For example, the "File Edits" section of the install says to search for:

Anyway, I really want to run a simple forum and display some ads.  Should I install a different version of SMF?  Should I look for alternate installation instructions for this mod on 1.1.7 for the default theme?

Thanks!
Chris

johnzena

I can't find anywhere on where to upload the admod files. Does anybody know?

bindasboy

Detailed installation instructions are allready provided on the simplemachines.org.

Just select the admod version now select you smf version from drop down menu and at last click on submit.... you will be taken to a new page where you will get all installation instructions......

jrstark

When you select SMF 1.1.7 on the mod page and click submit, you get:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

The same also happens for 1.1.6.  2.0 Beta 4 has instructions, just not the current stable.

w0lfman