Coinbase

Author Topic: Bug in SMF Ads  (Read 5647 times)

Offline riversen

Bug in SMF Ads
« on: August 30, 2008, 05:26:18 am »
FYI this mod registers 2 hits every time a tower left or tower right ad is displayed. I've tried to contact admin about this a month ago but he hasn't replied so thought I would let you all know, if you actually use the hit counter. Hopefully this will be solved in future releases.

Offline bigguy

• Support
  • Elite Member
    • SMF Helper
Re: Bug in SMF Ads
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:03:54 pm »
I'm sure he is aware of it and is trying to correct the situation. Thanks for reporting this though. He will probably try to reproduce the error before it gets fixed. I do know though he is a busy man. :)

Offline badbo

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:35:19 am »
This may be a bug. I turned on the ads for visitors and regular members today and it showed 10 more people on-line just by turning the adds on. Well no one was there but me. Adds one more on-line each time i refresh the browser.
Bo

update When it got to 14 guest each time I refreshed the screen it lost a guest until it stopped at 8.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:45:16 am by badbo »

Offline riversen

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:41:39 am »
This may be a bug. I turned on the ads for visitors and regular members today and it showed 10 more people on-line just by turning the adds on. Well no one was there but me. Adds one more on-line each time i refresh the browser.
Bo

update When it got to 14 guest each time I refreshed the screen it lost a guest until it stopped at 8.

Maybe there actually were guests on the site?

What I'm talking is that everytime a vertical add is displayed it will count to hits. One on the ad itself and one on any other vertical add... possibly the same one. The bug I discovered has nothing to do with the things you mention and haven't experienced it myself.

Offline badbo

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:18:43 pm »
Bo

Maybe there actually were guests on the site?

What I'm talking is that everytime a vertical add is displayed it will count to hits. One on the ad itself and one on any other vertical add... possibly the same one. The bug I discovered has nothing to do with the things you mention and haven't experienced it myself.
No guest were on I checked the logs. I see what you mean now each time a page is refreshed and the add shows it adds a hit count but it is of no importance to me. The mod do just what I want it to do.
Bo

SMF Ads Support Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:18:43 pm »