News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

HOW DO I LOCATE OR ACTIVATE THE 'ADS MANAGEMENT MOD' OF SMF 1.1.6

Started by fadun, September 10, 2008, 03:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadun

Members should please assist me on step by step of locating or activating the 'AD MANAGEMENT' OF SMF 1.1.6. I have a forum with SMF 1.1.6 and i want to add ads and banners on top and below of my forum. Also i want to modify my forum heading. I await members assistance. Thank you.

badping

If you notice the 1.1.6 version is the ONLY one NOT listed as compatible! I dunno why, and I am not a smf genius. I am in the same boat as you, hopefully they will fix this. This is THE NUMBER ONE MOD for smf. I would have expected this to be fixed within minutes of the problem being reported, sorry for the digg at the developers - but come on guys lets get a move on!

badping

Honest to goodness, I closed this window and reloaded my site and it is working...I didnt DO anything. I cant explain it and I am stunned!
The mod has been installed on my site for 2 days. All the menus were there and yet no ads, now they are there. Anyone with an explanation for that is truly gifted...I aint complaining because its working again now ! Yessssssssssssssss!

fadun

Hi badping. Is your SMF 1.1.6 now showing 'Ads Management' in your admin. panel? Were you able to access the 'Ads Management' through other point. Kindly explain to me so i can work on my forum. I await your response.

badping

hmm, yes the ad managment is showing in the admin panel, however I have come across another issue. I see the ads as an admin but not as a member of any other membergroup. I thought hey why not uninstall it and then reinstall it. Ok I tried to uninstall but it said it failed the "test"  with it=the "managepermissions.php" file. I had done a manual edit to that file so maybe thats where the prob is.
I let you know if I solve it.
Personally I think its a problem with the TinyPortal mod or the manage permissions.php file itself.....I will post if I fix it or coem across any ideas

fadun

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: badping on September 12, 2008, 12:15:23 PM
hmm, yes the ad managment is showing in the admin panel, however I have come across another issue. I see the ads as an admin but not as a member of any other membergroup. I thought hey why not uninstall it and then reinstall it. Ok I tried to uninstall but it said it failed the "test"  with it=the "managepermissions.php" file. I had done a manual edit to that file so maybe thats where the prob is.
I let you know if I solve it.
Personally I think its a problem with the TinyPortal mod or the manage permissions.php file itself.....I will post if I fix it or coem across any ideas

You have to enable users to view ads by altering their permission levels through Admin > Permissions...