Coinbase

Author Topic: HOW DO I LOCATE OR ACTIVATE THE 'ADS MANAGEMENT MOD' OF SMF 1.1.6  (Read 4274 times)

Offline fadun

HOW DO I LOCATE OR ACTIVATE THE 'ADS MANAGEMENT MOD' OF SMF 1.1.6
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:48:14 pm »
Members should please assist me on step by step of locating or activating the 'AD MANAGEMENT' OF SMF 1.1.6. I have a forum with SMF 1.1.6 and i want to add ads and banners on top and below of my forum. Also i want to modify my forum heading. I await members assistance. Thank you.

Offline badping

• Email
Re: HOW DO I LOCATE OR ACTIVATE THE 'ADS MANAGEMENT MOD' OF SMF 1.1.6
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:56:02 am »
If you notice the 1.1.6 version is the ONLY one NOT listed as compatible! I dunno why, and I am not a smf genius. I am in the same boat as you, hopefully they will fix this. This is THE NUMBER ONE MOD for smf. I would have expected this to be fixed within minutes of the problem being reported, sorry for the digg at the developers - but come on guys lets get a move on!

Offline badping

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 08:04:50 am »
Honest to goodness, I closed this window and reloaded my site and it is working...I didnt DO anything. I cant explain it and I am stunned!
The mod has been installed on my site for 2 days. All the menus were there and yet no ads, now they are there. Anyone with an explanation for that is truly gifted...I aint complaining because its working again now ! Yessssssssssssssss!

Offline fadun

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 08:32:02 am »
Hi badping. Is your SMF 1.1.6 now showing 'Ads Management' in your admin. panel? Were you able to access the 'Ads Management' through other point. Kindly explain to me so i can work on my forum. I await your response.

Offline badping

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:15:23 am »
hmm, yes the ad managment is showing in the admin panel, however I have come across another issue. I see the ads as an admin but not as a member of any other membergroup. I thought hey why not uninstall it and then reinstall it. Ok I tried to uninstall but it said it failed the "test"  with it=the "managepermissions.php" file. I had done a manual edit to that file so maybe thats where the prob is.
I let you know if I solve it.
Personally I think its a problem with the TinyPortal mod or the manage permissions.php file itself.....I will post if I fix it or coem across any ideas

Offline fadun

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 01:41:17 pm »
Okay. Kindly keep me posted. Nice day.

Offline ccbtimewiz

• Dream Portal
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:59:42 pm »
hmm, yes the ad managment is showing in the admin panel, however I have come across another issue. I see the ads as an admin but not as a member of any other membergroup. I thought hey why not uninstall it and then reinstall it. Ok I tried to uninstall but it said it failed the "test"  with it=the "managepermissions.php" file. I had done a manual edit to that file so maybe thats where the prob is.
I let you know if I solve it.
Personally I think its a problem with the TinyPortal mod or the manage permissions.php file itself.....I will post if I fix it or coem across any ideas

You have to enable users to view ads by altering their permission levels through Admin > Permissions...

SMF Ads Support Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:59:42 pm »