News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

version 1.1.5 and admod

Started by sweepsmaster, August 23, 2008, 03:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweepsmaster

I tried getting this admod installed with the package manager but kept getting parse errors on the execution so I decided to do a manual install per the instructions. Did all the steps and there was no "ad managemet" link in the admin cp. So i read this other post that if I copied ads.english.php to ads.english.utf8.php the ad management link would appear. Well it did appear but not when I click the link I get this error:

An Error Has Occurred!

Unable to load the 'main' template.

I had the admod running with no problems under 1.1.4 then I upgraded to 1.1.5 and the reinstall has never worked.

I appreciated any advice.

-Ken

ccbtimewiz

Can you attach your index.template.php file?

sweepsmaster

OK, I installed manual a second time still same error about the template. Undefined Index error in log.
I have the both the english and utf8 english files in place. Forum set to english. Here is the index.template.php file again.  ::)

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: sweepsmaster on August 26, 2008, 05:03:36 AM
OK, I installed manual a second time still same error about the template. Undefined Index error in log.
I have the both the english and utf8 english files in place. Forum set to english. Here is the index.template.php file again.  ::)

What exactly was undefined? What's the error message?

sweepsmaster

I hired a developer to fix this for me. I'll try and loop back and post what the fix was. Thank you.

ccbtimewiz

Personally, it's quite an easy fix. An undefined index error is just a php warning statement and it usually doesn't cause problems. However it can at times since the variable's value is undefined and could be interpreted incorrectly by the SQL database.

The simple solution in fixing the errors would be to locate the file in question and then work backwards on how it was defined itself. SMF itself uses the eval() function, meaning the file it spits out might be incorrect (you'll see something like eval'd? on the error).

To rectify that problem, you need to disable the eval() templating function entirely. To do so:

Open your phpMyAdmin utility found in the cpanel.

Run:
INSERT INTO smf_settings VALUES ('disableTemplateEval', 1);

Then propagate the errors again.