News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

My ads only disply when I log in as admin.

Started by Fonzarello, August 14, 2008, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonzarello

When I log in to my board as a regular member, my ads wont show. They are only present when I am logged in as admin. The same goes for my members. They wont show up. What do I do? Can anyone help?  :-\

Fonzarello

Oops. I see I made the same mistake as many others here. I didn't grant permission to see the ads.  ;D ??? :o

gri

Quote from: "url=http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1776.msg7120#msg7120]Fonzarello in ~My ads only disply when I log in as admin.~[/url]"]
Oops. I see I made the same mistake as many others here.

It was not the only mistake.
Many others here also do not show the link to their forums
in their profiles.
Instruction on getting Help on PAY-ME (AdManagement) mod installing.
Your GRItoadMIXes

sumit

HOW ADMIN CAN GRANT PERMISSION :
I use smf_2-0-beta4 with ad_mod_v2-3-4_SMF_vbeta4(2) MOD having same problem only admin can see ads

souria

I had the same issue.
go to admin
Members
Permissions
under General Permissions
expand Advanced options
Next to Add Permission chosse Ad Management
then Set permission
Next go to the regular members click modify choose classic view and you should see the option to enable ad view.

reverendjeremiah

If I may be so bold, I would like to elaborate on what wonderful Souria helped me fix. Once I set up the Ad mod I realized that they would only work for ADMIN and not my sock puppet account that was set on regular members...to make a long story short, my ads were not showing to guests or regular members. I use SMF version 1.1.7 (1.1.x) so I hope these instructions help clarify what Souria is trying to say:
GOTO

admin > members > permissions > guests (modify link) > Ad management

Now all you do is check the box that says "Enable Ads" and scroll down and press the "Save Changes" button.

Do the same thing for all member groups you wish to see the ad mod.

Now, if you dont mind, I will place some search meta at the bottom of this post so people can find it quickly:

Guests cant see my ads
Regular members cant see my ads
When I log out, I cant see my ads
Membergoups cant see my ads
I can see my ads, but guests cant
I can see my ads, but other membergroups cant

I hope this helps people out with this simple problem the same as wonderful Sourias post helped me.

P.S. My nickname is also Jerm  8)

reverendjeremiah

Thats ok.. we members of the SMF community should help each other out as much as possible.  ;)

nc-renegade