News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

How does one center a single ad under the menu bar?

Started by Harryf, August 02, 2008, 04:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harryf

Hi all!

Someone else asked this question long ago but there is no answer to the post.

How does one center a single ad under the menu bar as on this page: http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?action=help

Also, what does one do to space it like that ad?

When I tick the "Display ads on every page right below the menu" box, the ad is pressed up right against the menu bar and to the left.

Please help?

Harry

ccbtimewiz

Use HTML div tags and align them. Like so:

<div align="center">{ad code}</div>

Harryf

I was dreading that answer, ccbtimewiz!

The only editor that I have is Dreamweaver and it does not display the php code in a WYSIWYG manner!

I am, also, not a coder at all!  Be that as it may, what I think I'll do is either search for a WYSIWIG php editor or save the file as html and then use Dreamweaver to edit it and to later re-save it as php.

Don't even knows if it'll work but I've seen many posts saying something like that - simply use "save as".

hehe - I'm going to have a strange day...

Thanks ccbtimewiz!
P.S.  But first, I have to figure out how to get the ad to display on my homepage...

P.P.S.  Now that I have my other question (http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1749.0) sorted out, I think I'm going to give this one a skip for now.

minoryears

Hey Harry, it's very simple actually, you DONT need dreamweaver. Open your forum, go to admin, ad management, modify the ad you want, where the Ad code is, just simply put what he said before and after the code.

Harryf

Hey Minoryears!

You are very clever!  Not to mention helpful!

I did what you said and my ad is now centered!

Thanks very much!

Harry

fadun

@ minoryears, I understood your explanation but the challenge as facing is that my forum users SMF 1.1.5 and 'Ads Management'  does not appear on my Admin Panel even after chaning my server language to english. As a result of the above, i cannot even place adverts on my forum. Kindly put me through. 

bigguy

Some edits did not get done then I would asume. Did you not say in another post you were doing this manually. ???

fadun

I do not know how to go about insert ads on my forum. I am not familiar with html. please help me out by providing with the step by step of insert ads om my SMF 1.1.5 Forum.

dmenax

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 02, 2008, 08:26:24 PM
Use HTML div tags and align them. Like so:

<div align="center">{ad code}</div>

You have been helpful all over the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Could you please explain more about how exactly to put this code.

ccbtimewiz

In the box where you put your ads, put that code inside it.

chrisg2010

Or to make it more simple, just put <center> at the beginning of the code and </center> at the end, works just as good ;)

ccbtimewiz

<center> is a deprecated HTML tag. That would render the forum non-XHTML validated.

fadun

Thank you so much, i now got it. Am excited. Cheers.