News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

no idea on how to install ad_mod_v2-3-3 to my SMF forum

Started by samo999, July 29, 2008, 01:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samo999

Hello,
Please could any one help.
I came across this forum while I was looking for ways on how to insert ads to my page.

While browsing  through the SMF community forum looking for answers, I came across a link (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255)  asking that I download the SMF ads to better manage how I place ads on my forum.

I downloaded the zip file ad_mod_v2-3-3_SMF_vbeta3Public.zip to my computer but I do not know what else to do. I am using the SMF Default Theme - Core 1.1.4.

Please could someone please assist me.

Thank you

ccbtimewiz

You'll be needing to upload this package on to your server. The best and most effective way of doing such would be to use your Package Manager.

Open your forum, goto Admin => Packages. Then from there, click "Upload Package", and then select the package from your computer.

Once that is complete, click the "Apply mod" button and viola.

Also, I strongly recommend upgrading your forum to SMF 1.1.5 as serious bugs were addressed.

samo999

Thank you ccbtimewiz for your kind  and prompt response. I am on it now

samo999

Hello, Please I have installed ad mod but i  do not know where to go from there. Please any help

ccbtimewiz

Go to your main package screen and click "[apply mod]" near the ad-mod.

samo999

riversen

Quote from: samo999 on July 29, 2008, 02:22:53 PM
Hello, Please I have installed ad mod but i  do not know where to go from there. Please any help

Are you unsure how to add any ads or hasn't it been installed correctly

samo999

Hi riversen, I do not know how to now insert the ads to my forum now that I have installed the Admod .

I think I  installed it correctly,because it is showing up in my main pakcages as  Ad Managment  2.3.3, this is showing  amongst SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update  1.0 and SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update

Please where to do I go from here? :-\

ccbtimewiz

The option to set code is in the administration panel. Look for a link under Configuration called "Ad Management".

samo999

Hello, Please I am not seeing any link called "Ad Management"  under configuration. All I am seeing are:

Configuration
Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout.

Please am I missing anything?

ccbtimewiz

Click "Server Settings" there, and can you set the "default forum language" to English and not utf8-english?

samo999

Hello ccbtimewiz, thank you for your help so far. The default language is already set to "English" .

However I did notice another thing that on clicking on packages from the Main: to go to the Package Manager, I noticed that there are 4 tabs:

Browse Packages, Installed Packages, Installed Packages and Options.

On the first tab the Browse Packages tab, I have the following as Modification Packages:

1.     SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update      1.0      
2.    Ad Managment    2.3.3    
3.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0

However on clicking the Installed Packages tab, I noticed that I only have:

Mod Name     Version     
1.    SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update    1.0
2.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0

Please I am not seeing the Ad Management 2.3.3. Does it mean I did not install it properly?

ccbtimewiz

Did you click the [install] button on the browse packages screen?

samo999

Yes, I thought I did.

Or am I to click on the List Files next to the Ad Managment  2.3.3  then when it opens click on  thhe install.php.

I uploaded the file in zip format. Please did I do something wrong?

ccbtimewiz

No, it should be in a compressed format like .zip.

Could you link me to your website? Maybe I can see what's going on.