Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

i cant install ads manager in smf please help me

Started by remshad, June 13, 2008, 01:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remshad

i am a newbie i don't have any pre knowledge please help me
i uploaded "ad_mod_v2-3-3_SMF_vbeta3Public.zip"  in to server, my smf version is "SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public" ,
and am using "sqlite" for my data base
when i try to install this mod first shows this

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:
      Type    Action    Description
   1.    Execute Code    install.php    
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      4.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
   9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Ads.php    
   10.    Extract File    ./Sources/LoadAds.php    
   11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php    
   12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php    
   13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english-utf8.php

then i proceed to "install now" it shows
Database Error
SQL logic error or missing database
near "NOT": syntax error
File: /www/110mb.com/r/e/m/s/h/a/d/_/remshad/htdocs/Packages/temp/ad_mod_v2-3-1_SMF_vbeta3Public/install.php
Line: 30

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public, while your database is at version 2.0 Beta 3 Public. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Help memy web adres is www.newseminar.co.cc

kase

Hi remshad,

You did back up your site before installing the mod didn't you?!

Send a support ticket to your hosting admin and ask them to restore a backup of your site and database a day or so before you did the mod.

Also, anything with the word "beta" means let someone else sort out all the bugs until the word beta does not appear. You were asking for trouble from the start. But, the good thing is you have learnt something and are getting further away from being a newbie! smiles...

If you have got a back up of your site files and SMF database do a full site reload and database update from your hosting control panel. If your host doesn't have a backup and you don't have a control panel... move hosts.

Always make sure you have a back up of your site files and database. Imagine if you had 5,000 posts and 400 users! Maybe you do. All those hours down the drain. Have a DRP - "Disaster Recovery Plan"

Hope it works out for you.

Kase

fadun

Hello, the last post on this topic mention having a back up for my site and data base..

I am new in forum management, i want to ask the question 'how do i create back up my forum site files and database?'. Members should please advise me. Thank you