News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ads displayed twice

Started by Count, September 05, 2006, 01:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count

I just installed SMF 1.1 RC3 and Ads mod, and everything works just fine but all the ads are displayed twice. Regular small banners appear side-by-side if they fit on the screen, if they don't, the second one is below the first. What's causing this? Note that I'm rather new to SMF so if it's something blindingly obvious, just shoot me :)

bigguy

Do you have all the options set to on in the ad management. If so this might be why they show twice.

Count

Nope, if I choose "Show ads on every page right below the menu" and nothing else, the ad appears twice. Display ads on board index - appears twice. Thread index - appears twice. Get my drift?
Other packages I've installed are: Contact Page 1.0, Trim Url 1.0.1, Googlebot and spiders mod 2.0.0.

And one thing I forgot - when I have two (or more) ads enabled to the same spot (like welcome area) then the two ads displayed at the same time can be different ads or same ads, but always there are two.

You can go and check it out - I have currently three different ads enabled to the welcome area. Forum url is http://www.atomimiilu.fi/ (And no, it's not yet officially open as you can see from the lack of content :))

bigguy

Then it sounds like the edits are there twice in the files that have been edited.

Count

Quote from: bigguy on September 06, 2006, 11:23:44 AM
Then it sounds like the edits are there twice in the files that have been edited.

Hmm, I wonder how that could've happened? I guess there's no check for that?
I checked and you are correct, index.template.php had everything twice. I must've messed something up  ::)

Are there any other files I should check for doubles?

bigguy

Open the "install.xml" file and check in there for template names to check.

mrvegas

crap this has happened to me too....  :'(

So is there a way to automaticaly remove these lines like the install of the mod placed them?

I think what might of happened is that I had a previous version installed and I upgraded the forum and it quit working. then I just installed it again. So Im thinking the code from the previous version was still there...

well isnt this just dandy.

also...
Bigguy, are you the same peroson as at jamroom?

bigguy

@ Count: Check all the template files in the theme you are currently using.

@ mrvegas: No I am not, sorry.

wickedstangs

Happened to me too. What I did was not install the display.template.php and installed everthing esle and it worked.

i have same problem, check here for example

QuoteI checked and you are correct, index.template.php had everything twice

how do i check the ((( index.template.php file ))) for the double code? do i do this via my host cpanel or within my forums admin panel?

please advise.

missy.

bigguy

Download the index.template.php file to your desktop via ftp and open it with an editor like PHP designer 2007 (google that) and see if the code is in there twice. You can search for the code using the editor. You can find the code posted here for each template file in the themes board.

Hendricius

have exactly the same error.

bigguy

Check your modifications.english.php file, maybe edits were added there twice.