News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Can't get Ad MAnager installed on my theme - paid install request.

Started by neilwheel, May 04, 2008, 06:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilwheel

Hi,

I'm running a 1.1.5 board and would love to get this mod installed. It installed without a hitch, but only on the default skin and I'm using a version of Versatility. I tried the package parser tool, but there's a lot of differences in the theme from what the parser is telling me to change.

Would anyone consider maybe helping me out getting the mod up and running? I can make a  donation to anyone who would help. My site is not a commercial one, but i would like to display ads for the forum's supporters as a way of saying thanks for their help getting the forum off the ground.

TIA,

Neil

djrem

What access do you have to the backend of your site?

Do you have FTP details.

I dont mind having a look, just remember that if a file isnt in your theme then it uses the default themes file.

You'll probably only need to edit a few files out of all that hte Package Parser suggests.

neilwheel

Hi dj,

I've got everything installed OK, the package shows up on my admin panel, so I think it is installed correctly. But when I run it throught the package parser to find out what theme edits to make, the first thing that comes up is this:

Find:

[color=red]<body>';[/color]

Add after:

//Display ads on the top of the page
if (function_exists("show_topofpageAds"))
{
$ads = show_topofpageAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
}

I can't get past this point, because i can't work out where to put the extra code. My chosen theme does not have the '<body>' code sitting on a line of its own.

I have full access to everyhing; ACP and FTP.

Here's my index.template and you can see what I mean.

gumgone

"I always click on sponsor links of the visited site"

Please share my love;
Hosting - All the advice and Help you'll need to Start a Web Site

neilwheel

I'm still not able to get the Ads mod fully installed.
It seems to be working for me under categories, but I still can't display on the board index, at the top of each page, or at the bottom of the forum. I'm still using v1.1.5 and the Versatility theme, so I'd appreciate any help on offer or hear from anyone who has some experience of installing the mod on my chosen theme.

Please help if you can.

ccbtimewiz

In your case, do this:

Find:
echo '

<body id="page_bg" class="'.$widthstyle.' '.$fontstyle.' header-'.$header_style.' toolbar-'.$toolbar_style.' footer-'.$footer_style.'">

<div id="header">

Replace with:
echo '

<body id="page_bg" class="'.$widthstyle.' '.$fontstyle.' header-'.$header_style.' toolbar-'.$toolbar_style.' footer-'.$footer_style.'">';

<the ad code>

echo '<div id="header">';

neilwheel

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 20, 2008, 02:20:09 PM
In your case, do this:

Find:
echo '

<body id="page_bg" class="'.$widthstyle.' '.$fontstyle.' header-'.$header_style.' toolbar-'.$toolbar_style.' footer-'.$footer_style.'">

<div id="header">

Replace with:
echo '

<body id="page_bg" class="'.$widthstyle.' '.$fontstyle.' header-'.$header_style.' toolbar-'.$toolbar_style.' footer-'.$footer_style.'">';

<the ad code>

echo '<div id="header">';

Hi, is to be done in the index.template file?

Would I add the code for the banner ad, then uninstall the ad management mod?

Thanks for helping,

Neil

ccbtimewiz

No need to uninstall the mod-- perform these edits on your index.template.php of your theme.

I've done the edits for you. Either perform the following hacks or download the attached file:

if( !$context['joomla_wrapped'] ) {

echo '<body id="page_bg" class="'.$widthstyle.' '.$fontstyle.' header-'.$header_style.' toolbar-'.$toolbar_style.' footer-'.$footer_style.'">';

//Display ads Between cats
if( function_exists( "show_category" ) ) {
$ads = show_category($category['id']);
if( !empty( $ads ) )
if( $ads['type'] == 0 )
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset( $ads ); }

echo '
<div id="header">

<div class="wrapper">

gri

Quote from: "url=http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1609.msg6551#msg6551]neilwheel in ~Can't get Ad MAnager installed on my theme~[/url]"]
i would like to display ads for the forum's supporters
as a way of saying thanks for their help getting the forum off the ground.

neilwheel,
you still have not included the link to your forum into your profile.
Hence how will the readers of smfads.com forum will be able to see the ads
in the honour of a Helper ?
And how will the Helpers which are (or will be) banned from smfads.com forum
be able to help you ?

Quote from: "url=http://gri.sunshinehost.net/index.php?topic=2165.msg3089#msg3089]gri in ~Instruction on getting PAY-ME mod installation Help~[/url]"]
-  Before posting a request
  check that the link to your forum
  is included into your (smfads.com forum) ~Profile ->
   Forum Profile Information -> Website URL~ field.
Instruction on getting Help on PAY-ME (AdManagement) mod installing.
Your GRItoadMIXes

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: gri on August 21, 2008, 07:25:09 PM
Quote from: "url=http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1609.msg6551#msg6551]neilwheel in ~Can't get Ad MAnager installed on my theme~[/url]"]
i would like to display ads for the forum's supporters
as a way of saying thanks for their help getting the forum off the ground.

neilwheel,
you still have not included the link to your forum into your profile.
Hence how will the readers of smfads.com forum will be able to see the ads
in the honour of a Helper ?
And how will the Helpers which are (or will be) banned from smfads.com forum
be able to help you ?

Quote from: "url=http://gri.sunshinehost.net/index.php?topic=2165.msg3089#msg3089]gri in ~Instruction on getting PAY-ME mod installation Help~[/url]"]
-  Before posting a request
  check that the link to your forum
  is included into your (smfads.com forum) ~Profile ->
   Forum Profile Information -> Website URL~ field.

.. Erm. S/he doesn't need to do this. From the profile screen--

QuoteThis information will be displayed throughout SMF Ads Support Forum. If you aren't comfortable with sharing some information, simply skip it - nothing here is required.

Likewise, we have an advertise board if they'd like to show off their site.

neilwheel

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 20, 2008, 03:09:24 PM
No need to uninstall the mod-- perform these edits on your index.template.php of your theme.

I've done the edits for you. Either perform the following hacks or download the attached file:

if( !$context['joomla_wrapped'] ) {

echo '<body id="page_bg" class="'.$widthstyle.' '.$fontstyle.' header-'.$header_style.' toolbar-'.$toolbar_style.' footer-'.$footer_style.'">';

//Display ads Between cats
if( function_exists( "show_category" ) ) {
$ads = show_category($category['id']);
if( !empty( $ads ) )
if( $ads['type'] == 0 )
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset( $ads ); }

echo '
<div id="header">

<div class="wrapper">

Thanks a million. I've been building the banners to be displayed and once they're all done, I'll update my index.template. This is a similar approach to the one I took when working with IPB.

cheers,

neil
frameforum dot org