News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Newbie help please

Started by ForumMaster, March 14, 2008, 12:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumMaster

First of all, I want to say thanks - SMF looks like a great forum package. My experience has [only] been as a mod - not a programmer, and yet I've been able to set up a new forum and it works - well!!

So here's my question - I want to add the capability to have advertisements on my forum, so I went to http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to install the ad management mod.

It says to download:
ad_mod_1-0-10_v1-0-2d.zip (4KB] [4902]

ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip (17KB] [28825]

I don't even have a clue where to download/save these files!

I am here via GoDaddy, that's where this is hosted.

Please help the clueless.

Thanks!

ForumMaster

Sorry about replying so soon - I wanted to let you know I made some progress  . . .

I downloaded the files to my local computer and then uploaded them to the GoDaddy host.

At first I did it as a zip file, wasn't sure that was a good idea, so I unzipped them and re-uploaded them individually - except I had a big red security risk warning for the install.php file, so I deleted that single file from the GoDaddy host.

So, I have made some minor progress in getting the Ads mod files to the GoDadday host for my SMF forum - but have not bridged the gap completely to install the Ads mod.

Hopefully, I'm close enough for an experienced person to pull me across!

Thanks.

Miss Mermaid

Oh maybe you can help both of us!

Im really new to this whole thing. I have a forum up and running and am also trying to put google ads on.

I have managed to get a google banner in the index.html page that then links people to the forum.

I really have no idea how to start. I have the google code but really need an easy step by step of what to do next.

Thanks

Miss Mermaid :)

ForumMaster

Miss Mermaid - I think I figured it out . . .

or at least this is what I've done so far

Instead of the other methods I was trying, I downloaded the mod package to my hard drive - then, I uploaded that package in this manner:

1) Download mod package to hard drive

2) Upload package in these steps:

Main
Select Packages link
Select Download Packages tab
Using the third area, 'Upload a Package'
Browse hard drive for mod package (I left it zipped)
Press 'Upload'

it worked and I installed - that's as far as I've gotten so far . . .

Good Luck!

skippy

i have done th same but it is saying no ref for install

jack1992

skippy please explain your problem in more detail
Jack
www.graphicsland.co.nr
www.soundhabbo.com