Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

ads not visible with 1.1.4 with smfads 2.3

Started by brianetilley, January 06, 2008, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianetilley

Hi Mark,

I am having a problem with the new files. I Put them on my server, but got this error;

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/BrightForest/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

After access the file I got this error;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/ultragro/public_html/smf/Themes/BrightForest/index.template.php on line 134

Any suggestions appreciated...this is out of my comfort zone...thanks.

tiger5226

Try this brian.

When I updated the template there was "  ';  " missing from the imdex.template file which means the template was not fully SMF compliant. The code in certain areas must be exact in order for things to run smoothly. so added that section of code because it needs to be there. I do not know if this will work but try it anyway. If it does not then the mod will not be fully functional. I will also post another copy that has thing rigged a little so it will work but it definately will not be SMF compliant and may hinder further mods from installing. I think I will just put the second copy up because I am almost 100% the first way will not work.

Mark

brianetilley

Hi Mark,

I have no idea why...but google ads are now showing on post pages only. They are on the top left...with NO content beside them You have to scroll down to see the post. They are also at the bottom of the post page, and are not relevant to the page. No matter what page is being shown they all have the same ad that is not in any way relevant to the content of the page. I will try the new index.template file in the morning and let you know what happens. Thanks for the answer...

Brian

tiger5226

Ok brian. I thought you were getting a template parse error?

I looked at the site after you said that and the ads are as relavant as they possibly can be. your topics do not have a lot of advertisers. Also it may just have taken a while for adsense to scan all of your pages before it could give you relavant content.

Also with the skyscraper up top. That is because of the theme that you are using. The code is meant for the default theme and your theme code does not allow for the skyscraper to move the forum over as in default like my website www.freegeeksupport.com.

As to the inpost ads it looks as if the same thing is occuring the DIV tags in the code only allows for one add to be shown at the bottom of the page because that is the only area the Ad mod sees as a place to put the ad relavant to the DIV tag placement.

Hopefully with the new "rigged" placemement of the ad code I did in the updated template file you will be able to show banner ads at the top of the forum.

Mark

brianetilley

Hi Mark,

I updated the index.template file and it put ads over the login box. I changed it back and tweaked the adsense settings again and now I can get ads on the post page, but they do not show on any other page. I have checked the option to show them on all other pages, but they do not appear. At least I can get some ads, but it is far from what I would like. I appreciate your efforts and want to continue trying to get this working properly. Maybe I will just have to use the default theme, but I really do not want to do that.

Brian