News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Installed - No trace of the addon.

Started by GrumpNuts, February 09, 2008, 05:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpNuts

I have installed the script, but once I've installed it -- nothing shows up anywhere.

I read the mod description, and it says stuff about tabs and links and reports and all that, but I don't see those things anywhere.

I am using 1.1.4 and the installation gave a green light, and no errors were reported for installation.

Is there something else I have to do?

GrumpNuts

I should ad, that under the configuration area of my control panel, there is now a blank space. I am not sure if it was there before or not -- but it looks odd. I think that's where the ad link is supposed to go except it's not showing.

90/10

Grump , unfortunately this is not the answer you're looking for  :'(

I GOT EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Sooo....please help us  :'(

I had a hunch that this problem was the same like the one with installing the TP
I installed SMF 1.1.3 from fantastico, upgraded it to 1.1.4 no prob
the TP had missing words, i found out from the forum the language file was missing (Eng-utf8)
so i downloaded it, uploaded it and now the TP works great
for the Ad mod, i thought the problem was the same, so I speculate a little bit,
I grabbed the Admin.English-utf8.php file, renamed it to ads.english-utf8.php and uploaded it
but nothing shows........ still only a blank space under "themes and layout"

help please?

usa4all

I found at admin -> Configurations - Ads

Dustin

Having the exact same issues. I've actually installed this mod before on another board/server and manually edited a template for it, so I'm familiar with it.

This time around, the ad panel isn't even showing up in the side bar of the admin screen. Also in permissions, there are check boxes to display adds for membership groups, but the text next to this box is missing where it should say something like "allow ads?"

This time around I also used Fantastico to install the script then updated to 1.1.4. Last time it was manual, starting at 1.1.1.1 and I just used the updates up through 1.1.1.4, but didn't have problems.

pentupentropy

I get this same issue. I get it with the akla theme and I get it with the default theme as well as silent wave. There is a new space in configuration where the link should go but nothing happens. Unfortunately I am not an HTML/CSS guru, but I am going to look through this and see what I can find.

riversen

Are you using english language? If not, try copying the english language file, and rename it according to your language. I think a missing language file could cause the issues you descibe

amdisuk

:'(

Me too. I have installed on 1.1.4 and I can't see anything. There were no errors reported.

I have also checked my database and the new tables are there.

Al

amdisuk

Well after checking a little more I have found the problem. The mod is installed but the link has no description so it can't be seen or clicked. You can however see an extra line in the 'Configuration section' where it should be. You can also see the link in the page code.

That said, pasting the link into my browser gives a strange page with nothing much on it.....

riversen

If you are using another theme than the default you need to edit that theme manually... also see my earlier post about language files.

amdisuk

Quote from: riversen on March 09, 2008, 04:07:59 PM

If you are using another theme than the default you need to edit that theme manually... also see my earlier post about language files.

I'm using the default theme (same as this forum). It's a completely new installation with no modifications. All I have done is check the 'Search Engine Friendly' check box.

Al

amdisuk

Ok, as per the cryptic reply earlier. I have solved my problem.

If you look in the language folder under the template directory that you use you will see one Ads.english.php.

I assume you need to duplicate this file to comply with your current default forum language.

In my casae that is english-utf8

So duplicate Ads.english.php to Ads.english-utf8.php

You can also try to duplicate to Ads.english_british-utf8.php.

After doing this my ads option appears in the menu.

Al

tlimgh

Has anyone or moderator found a solution for this and post this somewhere as a sticky? This seems to be a big problem?

Thanks
Tim

albotek

Quote from: amdisuk on March 10, 2008, 04:22:11 PM
Ok, as per the cryptic reply earlier. I have solved my problem.

If you look in the language folder under the template directory that you use you will see one Ads.english.php.

I assume you need to duplicate this file to comply with your current default forum language.

In my casae that is english-utf8

So duplicate Ads.english.php to Ads.english-utf8.php

You can also try to duplicate to Ads.english_british-utf8.php.

After doing this my ads option appears in the menu.

Al

This worked for me on version 1.1.5

Thanks

Albotek

sotall

I tried making a copy of the Ads.english.php and naming it Ads.english-utf8.php but it did not work for me. After playing around with it for a couple of hours, what finally worked for me was going to configuration/server settings

and changing the default language to just plain English instead of English-utf8

Hope it helps someone.