News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

AD mod wont work with smf arcade

Started by Jump1979man, August 23, 2006, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jump1979man

I was wanting to add the smfarcade to my site but in doing so on a test site it wont allow me to add the ad mod rc2 to it....it keeps giving errors....

Is there anyone out there that has the ad mod and the smfarcade running together?

If not is there a way to look into this and make them compatible?

I really like the ad mod and I really would like to ad the arcade for my users and having to pick one or the other would really be a bummer.  Thanks.

bigguy

Have you tried to add the ad mod first and then the arcade ??? I have found that some mods are peticular in how they get installed. If that doesn't work you'll have to install on of them manually.

hygron

excuse me...I would like to jump in this topic, as I want to add an arcade and maybe a jukebox.  bigguy. do you think that will be hard applying to smf1.0.7/TP/techhead theme?
Live a greener healthier intentionally self-substantial lifestyle, and leave a smaller footprint on dear "Mother Earth"

Jump1979man

Quote from: bigguy on August 23, 2006, 05:26:56 PM
Have you tried to add the ad mod first and then the arcade ??? I have found that some mods are peticular in how they get installed. If that doesn't work you'll have to install on of them manually.

yes I tried to install them in different orders and it still will not work....

jerm

It is very hard for me to make my mod compatible with all the other mods out there. I try my best to make sure that it at least works with TP since a lot of people use it.
If you are having troubles installing it with other mods installed, you might want to go ahead and install it anyways. Take note of which files it failed on, and modify the files yourself.
I hope you can understand that.

bigguy

I would think it would be a bit difficult to do but not impossible. It would take a bit to get it working.

Quote from: hygron on August 23, 2006, 05:38:34 PM
excuse me...I would like to jump in this topic, as I want to add an arcade and maybe a jukebox.  bigguy. do you think that will be hard applying to smf1.0.7/TP/techhead theme?

hygron

So, I would probably be better off waiting for the new version's and install everything in the proper order...Right?

One other Q, bigguy.  What is the advantage to using 1.1 as opposed to 1.0.7 or 1.0.8 (new version)
Live a greener healthier intentionally self-substantial lifestyle, and leave a smaller footprint on dear "Mother Earth"

bigguy

There are some security updates in 1.1 that 1.0.7 doesn`t have. You should either be using SMF 1.0.8 or SMF1.1rc3 by now. I would suggest SMF1.1RC3.

Jump1979man

this is the file that is errorring when installing....

./Themes/default/Display.template.php

are there any manual install instructions and I could edit that file myself?

virtualdave

I have Ad Mod and SMF Arcade and Simple ImageShack living on my RC3 test board as of today. I haven't run into any conflicts yet.
vd

bigguy

Add the edits to this file:

/Themes/default/Display.template.php

Manually. It's all posted on this forum.