News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Install ok, no error when adding ad...but ad unit does not show

Started by rickj, February 05, 2008, 09:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickj

Mod installed fine and I got no error codes when Adding an Ad.

I named it, put the code (AdSense) in the Content box and checked ONLY the option for "Display ads on every page right below the menu"

...but no ads :(

I'm using the classic yabb theme.  The site.

Can someone point me-noob to what I've done wrong?

Thanks!

plow_dawg

I don't know if this will work for you...but, on my form the permissions were not set for the groups (global moderator etc.) and I had to enable it by going Admin under members then permissions then enabling it for each.

dropbop085

I am having the same problem.
I have tried numerous things but they still wont show.
I have the permissions set for all to see the ads. I was unable to change any permissions for the ADMIN and just incase the admin was not set I logged in as a new member but still no ads.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Kindest regards

YOC

Suffering the same issue.  I've even tried setting up and using the default template, and it doesn't seem to help. :(

rickj

Quote from: plow_dawg on February 06, 2008, 01:46:29 PM
I don't know if this will work for you...but, on my form the permissions were not set for the groups (global moderator etc.) and I had to enable it by going Admin under members then permissions then enabling it for each.

Thank you.  I did find that "Enable Ads" (in Admin > Permissions > Guests) unchecked.  I checked the box, saved the setting - and the ads still don't show :(

tiger5226

First of all everyone put addresses to your sites please second of all attach the files that are modified with the mod to the forum so I can check the code and see if it is all there. DEFAULT TEMPLATE FILES PLEASE.

Mark

rickj

I installed a new SMF forum to install the mod clean...and I see that it works fine in the default template :)

...so I guess the real question for me is: How do I make it work on the theme I'm using (classicyabb)? 

Here's the site: www.bestofphoenix.us  Currently I've got the ads installed manually into the template.