News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

installation error

Started by Jason Dsouza, February 01, 2008, 05:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Dsouza

I have the SMF shop mod and some other mods installed... I tried to install ad mod but i got this error while installing
Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

This seems to be serious..
I'm using a skin which supports ad management mod... Its called scribbles 2 by bloc

v i think the version of ad management mod that i tried to install is 2.3

please suggest a solution as soon as possible...

scvoyager

You most likely have a mod that changed some code so the package can't find were to install what it needs to. I would make a backup of your site then install the mod with the error. After that do a manual edit to Sources/ManagePermissions.php which from memory is only one edit.

Jason Dsouza

can you be a little more specific... what kind of edit have i to do in manage permissions

bigguy

This is not a bug. Another mod you installed edited the code that the ad mod was looking for. This is why you get this error. The edits for that file will have to be done manually.

goodman83

Quote from: bigguy on August 29, 2008, 10:05:28 PM
This is not a bug. Another mod you installed edited the code that the ad mod was looking for. This is why you get this error. The edits for that file will have to be done manually.

Yes but the Manage Permissions change will effect the chess mod. Witch is the interfering mod.

Big Enis

Okay, I'm not one of the smart guys in this forum, but I ran into the same problem.

I altered my code, and the Ad Mod warned me that it might not work.

Not being a code reading genius, or wanting to bother anyone to fix it for me, I had an idea.

I installed a new SMF on my server, upgraded it to 1.1.8 like the forum I wanted to fix, then I just went to each part that had an error, like the "Display.Template.php" erased the entire code, then copied and pasted the code from the new SMF "Display.Template.php" into it.

It worked like a charm!

I just got done installing the Ad Mod, and my ads are up and running right now.

http://www.greenmtnkennel.com/forum

Of course, I only use the Default Template, and have made no attempts to alter it, so my little trick might not work for you, unless you don't care about the first mods you made.

Hope this helps!  ;)
"Why do you want 400 cases of Coors?" - "Cause he's thirsty dummy!"

sandmannd

Did you uninstall all your mods and then reinstall them after you copied over these files?

Big Enis

Quote from: sandmannd on March 07, 2009, 01:20:29 PM
Did you uninstall all your mods and then reinstall them after you copied over these files?

I didn't have mods to uninstall.  The ad mod was the first one I have ever tried to install.
"Why do you want 400 cases of Coors?" - "Cause he's thirsty dummy!"