News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ads Wont Show on any theme

Started by greendaze13, January 31, 2008, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greendaze13

Hi, I have installed the mod succesfully.

But ads will not display anywhere.  I am using google adsense and the script I have copied is correct because I have tested it out on my web pages and they work just fine.

I am using the SMFox theme but the ads wont display on the default theme either.

I have checked the theme support and there is nothing there in regards to this theme and this problem.

I also havent posted this there because it seems support is so minimal and this one gets the most attention.

Getting these ads up is huge because I get more traffic to my forum than the website itself

assaado

I faced the same problem.
The solution is to uninstall SFM Ads and install google code manually. I managed to do that within minutes (for the whole forum)

Monolithic

Care to elaborate on where I put the code manually? I'm new to this whole thing and I came here with the same problem as the original poster.

assaado

yeah sure thing

in your forum directory, there is a Theme folder, inside the folder there is a folder for the current theme you are using. Lets the suppose that you are using the *Outline* theme, your directory will then be
Themes -> Outline
in the Outline folder look for index.template.php file, open the file with your favorite text editor and search for

<div id="bodyarea">';

paste your google code before the bodyarea div tag

and then look for

<div id="footer">

paste your google code before the footer div tag

save your file and upload it