News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Only Place one ad?

Started by feldhege, August 21, 2006, 03:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feldhege

Hello, I just installed SMF 1.0.7. I got ad mod 1.0.2b from simple machines and got it to install. It appears to work with the code box that I am using. Only thing is that it appears I can only do one ad? I see in version 2.0 it lets you add multiple ads but I can't do this in 1.0.2b. Is version 2.0 compatible with SMF 1.0.7?

Thanks,
   Robb

jerm

Version 2 does not work with SMF1.0.7

bigguy

I was just typing that when you posted, lol.

QuoteNo version 2 is only compatible with SMF 1.1rc2.

feldhege

OK, so I removed 1.0.2b, upgraded to smf 1.1rc2, now I can't get V2.0 to install. It just tells me it "Could not upload package, please check directory permissions!" I am uploading it from my local drive to the webserver. I am a domain admin so I know I have permission.

Anyone help?

Robb

bigguy

Is the package folder chmodded to 777

feldhege

Not sure, Can you tell me how I would do that or where I would check?
I am completely new to SMF. Just getting started.

I think this has to do with it trying to FTP to the server. This server does not have FTP turned on. Is there a way to manually run the install?

Robb

bigguy

Look to were you installed SMF and you should see a bunch of files and some folders. One of those folders is called "Packages" In your cpanel you should be able to change the permissions of it to 777. By cpanel I mean for your hosting account.

feldhege

We actually do our own hosting here. I went and manually put the package into the "Packages" folder and then it appeared to install fine. On that server we have FTP services blocked so that was probably causing the problem. Thanks for your help though.

One last thing. Is there a seperate "Reports" package I should have? I click on the reports tab and it doesn't show any to run.

Robb

jerm

have you added any ads yet?