News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Need help in theme editing

Started by Vinspire, June 24, 2006, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinspire

I've edited the SMF Ads mod to to get it working in my themis theme. Everything is working fine except the index.template.php file coz i could'nt find <body> and dont know which </td> should i add the codes. Tried to modify and get it working few times but doesn't work. Can someone help me about it ?

I've attached the index.template.php file here ....

Vinspire

I also face the same problem in Helios Theme :(

Below is the attached file of Helios Theme index.template.php .... :(

jerm

Quote from: Vinspire on June 24, 2006, 10:37:24 AM
I've edited the SMF Ads mod to to get it working in my themis theme. Everything is working fine except the index.template.php file coz i could'nt find <body> and dont know which </td> should i add the codes. Tried to modify and get it working few times but doesn't work. Can someone help me about it ?

I've attached the index.template.php file here ....

the body is here
<body style="margin-left: 20px; margin-right: 20px;"><table width="100%" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">';

for the other thing, you might want to try to put it somewhere around here
"                                                        </form></td></tr></table>';"
on a custom theme, you will just have to play around till you find the right spot to put it.
this ad is just for the "Display ads in the welcome user area". so if your not even going to use that option, then you dont really need to place the ad code there

same goes for the helios theme.

although, when i get around to it, i plan on writing an add on mod for the helios theme to edit the template files (but please dont expect that to be either today or tomorrow..)

Vinspire

Thanks for the answer electrohome. You are the best and thanks for the fast reply.

I am thinking of custom mode the Helios Theme ... as in put the google ads into the php file straight coz my main google ads in the ads mod is in white. It would look weird in Helios.

Will try to get it working tomorrow coz i had food poisoning now :(

Stomachache & Headache  :'(

jerm

damn, that blows.
you can change the colour of the google ads though

Vinspire

Quote from: electrohome on June 24, 2006, 12:09:33 PM
damn, that blows.
you can change the colour of the google ads though

Yeap. But i am also using the default theme .... Black google ads doesnt look good in default & themis skin  >:(

jerm

Vinspire

Manage to get it working in Themis but i've changed the location. Instead of having it on the same table as the avatar and show new replies i've put it below it. Look much better there ... Tried the normal way but look super weird.

And the below is what i've made in Helios. Somehow it doesnt work right .... cant make the "Show unread posts since last visit." to stay properly.

P/S : Google Ads is down so cant change the colour  ;D ;D ;D

Msg from Google Ads

The Google AdSense website is temporarily unavailable. Please try back later.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

jerm

ya, thats cool
i just realized adsense was down as well

pcinnovators

Is it easier to start with placing banner ads in say the left margin, then continue with top bottom and in posts, for now i guess what would be the code to place 120x240 banner ads in the left margin in Helios theme.

thanks in advance

Vinspire

I am quite satisfied with the themis theme. This is my trial work on Helios today .... Still can't get it working right  :'(

I've put the google codes under

', $txt['smf52'], '
                           <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
                        </div>
                     </form>';
   }

echo '

And this is how it came out .... Any idea how do i put the google search on the right side ?

Another problem is i cant put the google ads under home - search and etc. :(

pcinnovators

i dont even know where to begin placing the cose so i may just wait for the helios theme fix or somethinglikethat to be released, just hope it doesnt take to long since that is the best theme out so far