News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ads keep doubling

Started by hawkne, December 10, 2007, 08:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkne

When I create a new ad entry, it shows the ad twice. What do I need to do to fix it.

Doboy33

I am having the same issue. I am running SMF 1.1.4, I have read the other treads about the same issue and have tried the fixes with no success.

I have removed all duplicate files from themes not just index.templates.php and removed and reinstalled the ad mod and I went from 2 duplicate adds to 3 duplicate adds.

Any idea what to do here?

Doboy33

OK for those of you who did not understand what has been posted on this so far I figured it out and it's working.

1. Download index.template.php (located under theme/default) to your PC if it's not already and make a back up before you continue...just in case.
2.Open it in notepad
3.Print it (not necessary but makes it easier if your not good at scripting like me)
4.Look for coding that shows up in double (or triple in my case)
  To make it easier to spot look for //. For example here is the beginning of the ones I had in double
  //Display ads on the top of the page
  //Welcome ads
  //Below the menu ads
  //Close table for towerright ads
You'll understand what I mean once you look at the script.
5. Delete the duplicates.
6.Upload back to server.
7.Done

Sounds harder than it is if your intimidated by code but it was not bad. Just took time to figure out what I was doing. Hopefully this info will save you all some time and frustration. Have fun 

ruptan

HI,
I have done exactly the way you said and its still doubling. Not sure what it is .. I am using SMF 1.1.2 in my site http://www.softestclub.com. Thanks

Doboy33

Really? Just went to your link and they look fine. My ad manager links are still double but the ads are OK. I only care about what my visitors see.