Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ads help on Themis & help on SimplicityTP

Started by adrenalinerider, July 19, 2007, 12:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrenalinerider

Hi Bigguy,

I have several websites and I have been using SMF for a long time.
I am not techy at all when it comes to coding and stuff as the last time i did somthing and crashed the heavy forum... had to start off all from scratch

I already have ad mod installed in both my smf forums.

here is how it goes:

Site 1:

SMF 1.1.2 - TP+Simplicity - Heavy forum

Site 2:

SMF 1.1.3 - Themis - Brand new forum - no members yet and not open to public

I would like to know the basics of the mods as how I would need to edit the template [both themis & simplcity+tp]

Two days back I tried to do so with little knowledge and Forum gave an error- line 32 somthing somthing
I resolved it by manually editing the index and removing the ad mod lines...

I dont want to risk the same again so would like to have some proffesional advise here.

bigguy

The best advice I can give you for editing the template files manually is this:

1.) Make sure the ad mod is installed

2.) ftp into your server to your themes folder (THe theme you want to use)

3.) Download the 4 template files that are listed in this thread:
http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=475.0

4.) Get a good editor (NOT NOTEPAD) Php Designer is a good one (google it)

5.) Search for the code in the template files using the editor and make the changes to the files.

6.) DO NOT OVERWRITE the originals, rename them to something else like index.template1.php so they do not get overwrote

7.) Switch themes on your site and enable ads to the template you just edited so you can check it.

8.) Do ONE template at a time so you know where the errors are.

NOTE:
It is a good idea to use xampp with Php Designer or to have php installed on your computer, this way the template files can be debugged BEFORE they go up to your host.

adrenalinerider

Thanks a lot for the advise,  I will try the steps.

- I ll download a Php editor and not do it on notepad ...
- I ll install PHP on my comp and do the needfull...
- I will not delete the origial files rather rename and see how it all goes... if somthing goes wrong would let u know immidiatly ...

adrenalinerider

Nope, I followed all the steps, both Themis & SimplicityTP gives me errors...i restored the backup after all rechecking

bigguy

Upload the 4 template file to one theme here. I will see if I can do anything.

adrenalinerider

Here are the four files I am attaching, please check it out and modify for me

adrenalinerider

Quote from: adrenalinerider on July 23, 2007, 06:21:24 AM
Here are the four files I am attaching, please check it out and modify for me

Unknown column 'ADS_ID' in 'order clause'
File: /home/content/f/a/i/faiam/html/forum/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 33

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.2, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

After making the changes :(

adrenalinerider

bigguy

Two files there are wrong. I asked for the 4 template files. :)

owpdanpooler

OK I followed your directions from:
http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=475.0

I'm using Simplicity TP (simplicity11_tp)
Forum version: SMF 1.1.4
TinyPortal      0.983
My website is: http://www.ourweddingproposal.com
I'm using html for the top ad, TP for the right ad and if you go into the forum you can see the ad mod is working but only when in certain areas. This is after I tried your directions with the changes to the template files.

I was able to make almost all the changes except for: In BoardIndex.template.php find: I couldn't find any of the text required.  Right now the ads are working in the forum boards but I cannot control anything in the admin section. Each time I try and add or delete an ad I get a blank screen.  I can live with not using some of the features in the Ad mod. IE: If the boardindex.template.php isn't the issue.  But I need to be able to control them!

Any Ideas?
Thank you so much!

I also cannot loging using the login screen. Do you think this has anything to do with the SMF ad code? maybe I put it in the wrong place?  In the admin section it also shows me double ads. IE: Two sets of the ads that I have created. Maybe this is the root of my problem?
Help me with the perfect engagement! http://ourweddingproposal.com