Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

SMF Ads and SMF 1.1.4 not installing

Started by mynd, October 19, 2007, 04:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mynd

Hello there,

Just an update.  The package installed in SMF says that your product is corrupt.  Downloading it from the site shows this during install

Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Installation Readme
Ad Management Mod
Written by: jerm (electrohome88)
Email: electrohome88@hotmail.com
Support site: www.smfads.com

----------
This mod will display ads on various parts of your forum on the default theme in SMF Version 1.1
---------
Version 2.3 Jan 11, 2007
- New setting: Disable ads for admins
- New setting: Disable reports(one less query)
- New setting: Disable all ads
- New setting: Ability to make post ads not look like posts.
- Added the ability to display ads between categories
- Added the ability to display ads after the last post
- Added the ability to display ads under child boards
- Fixed issues about not finding functions(caused forums to crash)

Version 2.0 Jun 13, 2006
- Enabled per board ads
- Ability to add multiple ads
- HTML/PHP style ads
- Ad reports
- Disabled ads in certain sections of the admin panel
- Many more minor improvments

Version 1.5 Mar 19, 2006
- Fixed an issue with the xml
- Added the ability to display ads on top of the menu on every page
- Added help files
- Revised some of the code in previous versions.

Version 1.4.1 Feb 8, 2006
- Fixed an issue when installing on a forum that has TinyPortal installed

Version 1.4 Feb 2, 2006
- Added the ability to disable ads according to their membergroup.

Version 1.3 Feb 1, 2006
- Updated database settings so that they wont be removed on re-installation.
- Added the ability to display ads on the bottom of every page.
- Added the ability to display an ad after the first post. (Idea courtesy Joomlaspan)

Version 1.2 Jan 30, 2006
- Offically released on simplemachines.org. No offical changes from previous version.

Version 1.0 Jan 5, 2006
- Not publicly released.
- Displayed ads only under the menu bar.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Ad Managment":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:

Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Ads.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Sources/LoadAds.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php    

Any and all information would be great.  I would like to use this really nice mod on my forums if possible.  Thank you for your time and efforts in keeping this one of the best mods outs there.

Kind regards,
mynd - htttp://www.myndpollution.com

bigguy

This does not mean it's corrupt. All it means (probably) is that you have another mod installed that edited the default index.template.php and this mod can't find the correct code to edit to install right. You should still be able to install the mod. ONLY IF you are willing to do manual edits to that file after installing.

mynd

I am willing to do any changes that are necessary.  However, I would need to have specific information regarding what I am to change.  So what do you suggest I do?  Go ahead and let it install itself from the download? from the packages manager that is on SMF?  and then I can post here what it is not doing and someone is going to walk me through the edits I need?  What should I do next?

I appreciate your response and your help.

Kind regards,
mynd - htttp://www.myndpollution.com

bigguy

If you go to the Theme Support board here and look at the stickies that are posted you will see the edits there. All you should have to do is install the mod and then do the edits to the index.template.php file. Keep an original copy of that file though before you edit in case anything goes wrong. (index.template)

mynd

Can I just ask you to please point me to the changes that need to be made for the default template in the index.template.php for version 1.1.4.  I looked in the themes folder and found a bunch of things, but I need some hand holding to find exactly what I need.  Once you show me the mods I can do all that myself.  Thanks!