Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

SMF 1.1.4 NO Ad Management in Admin Panel

Started by lyrixist, October 18, 2007, 05:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyrixist

Hey guys.

As the subject says, I do not have the 'Ad Management' tab in my SMF version 1.1.4. I saw posts on how to remedy this in SMF 1.1.3 and tried it, but it isn't working for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

bigguy

What language are you using on your forum. ??? Is it utf8 ??? If so switch back to plain english.

lyrixist

If by that you mean 'server settings', 'core configuration'....it's set to plain english. As a matter of fact, utf8 isn't even available. That's what i was saying....i'd tried already, but to no avail.

bigguy

Check and make sure all the edits are done in the index.php file.

lyrixist

I'm not as much a programmer as i am a designer. What exactly am i to be looking for again? :-\

bigguy

Look at the Theme Support board at the stickies; all the edits are done there. Make sure all the edits are done to the index.php.

lyrixist

I'm sorry if i sound like a noob....but i'm very lost to what you're talking about :-\

bigguy

You need to go to the Theme support board and look at the stickie topics. Find you version of the ad mod and in there will be all the edits that need to be done. All your looking for are the edits for the index.php file. Make sure all the edits are done to the index.php

lyrixist

I aint even seeing sticky topics under the tab u sent me

tuler

I'm seeing the same thing where I had a successful installation with 1.1.3, but now that I'm with 1.1.4 I can't edit any of the ads that I entered before upgrading.

When I click on the Edit Ads link, it just shows:

Content                                                                          Modify

But it doesn't let me click on anything.

When I go to Settings, I get:

Unable to load the 'settingsAds' template.

Any help would be appreciated.

tuler

After about 2 hours of researching this tonight, I finally figured out what my issue was.  It appears that my ads.template.php file wasn't updating or got screwed up after the install of 1.1.4.  Once I updated the ads.template.php file it worked!