News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Placing Ads after Catagory Problem

Started by jaminjavajoe, October 10, 2007, 02:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaminjavajoe

Good Morning,   have a little situation here.

Unable to place Ad between 2 Categories.

At present we have 6 categories and I'm not able to get the Ad Mod to display Ad between category 4 and 5 by placing the specific board numbers in the box for "Display ads after categories".  When I put in "4" for a particular Ad, it jumps to 5 and skips 4.

We have a total of 8 Ads with the first 2 set at "Display ads on every page right below the menu" and "Display ads on board index" respectfully.

And then the next 6 Ads set at 1 through 6 under "display Ad between category" with nothing else checked except "HTML"

I've tried to do it by following the directions of:

This will display ads after categories. If you want to display the ads after the second category, you put 2 in the input box. If you want to display ads between category 1 and 2, you have to put 1,2 (the comma is a must). If you don't want to display any ads inbetween categories, you leave the input box empty.
But this only place the Ad in both of those places.  I'm sure it's me but I don't know what me is doing wrong. (lol)

I'm attaching the Ads.template.php in hopes maybe looking at that will give a clue as to what's happening.

One finial piece to the puzzle is that initially the forum only had 5 categories.  The 6th was created and put between 3 and 4 making it the 4 category after the Ad Mod was installed and that's the category with the problem.....Hum?  Not comfortable deleting it and re-creating it as there are already post in it.

Appreciate your help,

Joe

jaminjavajoe

Still no answer.....where did everyone go........lol

bigguy

Ads.template.php file would have nothing to do with it really. Are you using the default theme. ??? Are there any errors in the error log in the Admin cp. ???

jaminjavajoe

yea, I didn't know about the ad file, just sent it up in case.  I am using the default theme of SMF 1.1.4 and there are no error messages.  Just not sure where to go with this.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

bigguy

Have you checked to make sure all the code was inserted into the template files when the mod was installed. ???

jaminjavajoe

Hum, that's an interesting questions that I don't know if I can answer.  Just that the installation went with a hitch(no error messages) and it all worked fine until I inserted the one category between category 3 and four.

As far as checking the template files to see if all the code was present; I'm pretty sure it would be easier to persuade Bill Gates to give me half his wealth than for me to find any errors in codes........lol

Perhaps you could tell me what files need to be looked at and I could upload them to you to look at?

TIA,

Joe

bigguy

If you look in.

index.template.php
boardindex.template.php
messageindex.template.php
Display.template.php

and compare the code in those files with what is stickied to the top of the Theme Support board you should be good to go. Also I keep telling people this but if you had a program that would search through the code for you it would be much easier to do. Try Php Designer 2007. (google it)

jaminjavajoe

Thanks for the heads up on the program.  I've downloaded the free trial ( although it doesn't say how long the trial is )  The price is a bit steep (this site is for a nonprofit) and I may have to rely on it this time trying to get though it with the time they give, but I will give it a whirl.

Not sure what you meant Bigguy by
Quotewhat is stickied to the top
?

Joe

bigguy

All the edits are stickied to the top of that board.