News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

ads on main page but not in threads or at bottom

Started by bradm77, October 10, 2007, 09:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradm77

I am using google ads (adsense) - the google ads show up fine on the main page, but in between rpelies onj a thread they are broken - there is an ad-sized box there, but it just shows an IE 400 error (The webpage cannot be found).

Any idea why the ads would work on some parts but not others?  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

http://www.saturdaymorningsports.net/talk

Brad

bigguy

bradm77

Nope - still bnroken - I had actually turned off the ads between posts because it was broken - tunred them back on now if you wanna take a look - I am totally stumped.......

http://www.saturdaymorningsports.net/talk

Brad

bigguy

Hmm, that is wierd. Are there any errors in your logs in the Admin cp.

bradm77

no errors in the log related to the ads at all, just some search errors.

bigguy

Did the ad mod install fine. ??? Seems maybe there are some edits missing. What theme are you using. ???

bradm77

it installed OK - it didnt show up in admin until I changed the language, but I think thats pretty commonplace - I am using the default core theme.

bigguy

have you went through the 4 template files to see if all the edits are in correctly. ???

bradm77

what 4 files should I be going through, and what changes should I be looking for?

bigguy

If you look in.

index.template.php
boardindex.template.php
messageindex.template.php
Display.template.php

and compare the code in those files with what is stickied to the top of the Theme Support board you should be good to go. Also I keep telling people this but if you had a program that would search through the code for you it would be much easier to do. Try Php Designer 2007. (google it)

bradm77

Ok - there is a ton of stuff stickied at the top0 of that forum - cabn you point me to exactly which changes I should be looking for?  I am using the default theme.......

bradm77

Ok, I checked in this thread - http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=475.0 and all of those changes are there, but I still have the issue........  ?

bigguy

bradm77

Those are the ones I checked - everything that should be in there is in there, but I am still having the issue.

bigguy

Can you PM me an admin account so I can check this out please.

bigguy

You may have found a bug but if you go into the settings in the ad mod and turn this on:

Ads within posts look like actual posts

It seems to work for the test ads I made.

bradm77

I left that option checked but it seems as though it is still broken for my ads - both in between posts and at the bottom of the page when you are inside of a thread......

Do I need to change my google adsense code?

bigguy

Hmm my test works but google will not show up for some reason. Can you post the 4 template files and I will check them out to see if the code is in them.

bradm77

how do I post the files?  can I email them to you?

bigguy

Do you not have an attachment options here on the forum.

bradm77

Sorry - was looking at the toolbar instead of additional options.

bigguy

Found one error in the index.template.php but I am not sure if it will fix the problem; try it and see before I test the rest of the templates.

bradm77

Ok, I think that got it - had to tweak my settings but it's good now - Thanks for all your help!!!

tiger5226

Hey what did you do big guy??? I have been having the same problem for months but people said it was a bug. Please tell me because mine are not showing between posts and at the bottom of the page.

Mark

tiger5226

Hey bigguy if you could tell me what the problem was it would be greatly appreciated. I have been having the same problem.

Mark