Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Please help me install ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3 on pnpn112

Started by jimbo21, March 07, 2007, 09:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo21

Hey guys,

I must say you all seem very helpful and I'm glad I found this forum.
I am not very good with PHP so I was wondering if anybody would be willing to do the edits for me. I'm using PnPn112 as my theme. I have attached the template files. Many thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help.  :)

Jim

bigguy

bigguy

Are these unmodded files. ??? Like they don't have any other code from other mods in them. ???

jimbo21

I think I have the regbar mod installed but thats the only other.

jimbo21

Hey Bigguy, The Ads showed and were working great but when I went to click on a post from the message index there was no text. When I re uploaded my original files the text in the posts showed up again. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

jimbo21

The problem lies with the file display.template.php
I uploaded the other 3 files and my ad is working fine again and the posts are showing.
So I'm guessing it would only be a problem when I want to put ads within posts.
Maybe you accidentally deleted something you shouldn't have from display.template.php
Thanks for the help :)

bigguy

Rename your Display.template.php and SMF will use the one from the default theme, see if that works better.

bobsupp

I'm using the same Theme (pnpn112) on SMF 1.1.2

Reading the above, I don't see the solution.  Did it get answered privately?  If so, can the solution be made public please?

I am unable to auto-install the mods currently (a battle with the hosting provider), so I am doing my best to interpret the install.xml file and marrying that with my feeble knowledge of PHP.

So, I've made the edits to the following files:

$boarddir/index.php
$sourcedir/Subs.php

easy  ::), then the next ones don't have the exact code in that I'm looking for...

For example:
in $themedir/index.template.php the install.xml file suggests I need to edit
<search position="before">
- <![CDATA[ <body>';  ]]>

but my index.template.php file had

</head>
<body>
<a name="top_t" id="top_t"></a>';

...so I split it up by breaking from the echo, then inserting the function, then restarting the echo.   ...see how little I get this? :-\

Anyway, feeling pretty pleased with myself, I then moved onto the $themedir/BoardIndex.template.php file and am facing similar problems with the code I am looking for not being obvious.

As the previous chap jimbo21 mentions the same theme, I wondered if the solution was known and available.

Thanks very much.