News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Is a release for SMF 1.1.4 close to release?

Started by domineaux, October 01, 2007, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domineaux

Since 1.1.4 is out, is the ads management for it close to release?

When security releases are made, it is critical on production sites to apply those fixes, patches, etc. very quickly.

The hackers really jump on the wagon when a vulnerability is made known.  Usually, if I don't apply patches on my high volume sites I can expect problems the date the vulnerability is made known.

As a site dev I cannot wait for addon releases to catch up to security patches. The patches must be appled immediately, but it usually leaves us short of many addon features.  I use the SMF default theme alot as well, because it seems everything that works will work with the SMF default theme.  I use Bloc themes on some sites, because Bloc and several of the devs that frequent his site try their best to update when SMF issues security releases.

An addon like the ads management is a tool many of us use.  In fact, on most of my sites this is the only additional addon I use, except for theme change.

I would rate this as probably the most used Addon for most of us, next to themes.  We really need Ads Management to ride the coat-tails of SMF, especially on security releases.

Thanks for a great mod...

bigguy

Did you have the ad mod installed prior to upgrading to 1.1.4 ??? The ad mod should still work with this version of SMF

ePiC

Thought I'd tag this along with his thread. I just installed a SMF forum 1.1.4 and went to install this package and get this error.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Is there a work around? 

bigguy

tiger5226

Just so you guys know I updated to 1.1.4 with admod already installed and most of my adds work fine but now the 3,4,5,6 etc in post adds say "the webpage cannot be found" no these are the same add codes as in the 1st and 2nd adds which are working fine. I think their may be a bug in the system. Please check this out for me admin...thanks

Mark

olufemo

I
Quote from: ePiC on October 05, 2007, 01:10:46 AM
Thought I'd tag this along with his thread. I just installed a SMF forum 1.1.4 and went to install this package and get this error.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Is there a work around? 

I experienced same thing but this how I worked around it.

Choose default theme.

Download the ad management zip file and upload it

Click install next to it after unploaded.

Everything is just fine, just that am hoping/ looking for other themes that will work perfectly with ad management Mod and SMF 1.1.4

iybabe

Olufemo,mine is a new forum and i upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 before putting any ad as i wanted to get a little traffic and now,i can not see any ad mode in admin and i tried downlading and installing but still  giving me error " An Error Has Occurred!The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF".

Please kindly put me through in layman language as iam no techies

olufemo

Quote from: iybabe on October 25, 2007, 11:03:47 AM
Olufemo,mine is a new forum and i upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 before putting any ad as i wanted to get a little traffic and now,i can not see any ad mode in admin and i tried downlading and installing but still  giving me error " An Error Has Occurred!The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF".

Please kindly put me through in layman language as iam no techies

What am trying to say is this

> I choose SMF default theme -core

> Go to Package Manager click download package

> go to Upload a package and browse the ad management mod zip file I have downloaded to my desktop

> then Click Upload botton

> Click Browse package and you will see the Ad management under Modification Packages

> click Install in its front that all

iybabe

Olufemo,i tried your outline and this is wjat is giving me"Could not upload package, please check directory permissions!" what do i do?thanks

iybabe

I think i got it now as it sas successfully installed but how do i start putting my ad.,i mean i no next to nothing on techie-where dio i do the inputting of my ads.Thanks