News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Same ad unit displaying two times in same place ?

Started by rememberramu, September 04, 2007, 09:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rememberramu

I have placed one vertical tower at left , I put it only one at left side bar , But two  ad unit displays at the same place , I have aded in only one ad unit and want to display only one , But under ad management section in edit ads 2 ads of same name shows off , When I delete one of them both gets deleted ?
How to  resolve it ?
I want to put one ad unit at left side bar but 2 ad unit shows off , How to delete only one of them ?
Please help me to fix it ?
My forum url is   http://adsenseforum.info/

krausen

I am having the same problem.  I have done the search and tried all things offered to the best of my knowledge (which isn't saying much) but no luck.   Now I am afraid I might have deleted some files that weren't double after all.  After all the work I have put into making this forum the last thing I want to do is delete it and start over. 

krausen

I just went ahead and deleted the forum and redid it and it fixed the problem.  Not exactly what I wanted to do but it worked.

jerm

Look in the theme board at the edits. The ad code has appered twice in the theme files.

rememberramu

I have tried many files to edit , I can not find exactly which file to edit ?
every ads I put displays two times at same place, When I see source code of the page I can see 2 ad code at same place , But I can not find out which file is to edit, I want to place ads on every page .
Please review http://www.adsenseforum.info and help me to fix it ?
I have attached screenshot of home page

jerm

virtualdave

Quote from: jerm on September 05, 2007, 10:22:31 PM
index.template.php in your theme/default folder

I had this problem too. I saved off a copy of index.template then searched bottom until found the duplicate code, deleted it and reloaded the file and all is good.
thanks.
virtualdave

gamer

ditto to the above two people. It worked like a charm.

Doboy33

Hey there,

Having same issue....tried deleting duplicate files with no success....

From what I see above is it duplicate code in the index.template.php that needs to be deleted?

If yes can someone give me a clue as to what the duplicat code is or looks like because I am far from being any good with code and I can't seem to find the duplicat in them/default/index.template.php

Thanks a million if you can respond

Doboy33

OK for those of you who did not understand what has been posted on this so far I figured it out and it's working.

1. Download index.template.php (located under theme/default) to your PC if it's not already and make a back up before you continue...just in case.
2.Open it in notepad
3.Print it (not necessary but makes it easier if your not good at scripting like me)
4.Look for coding that shows up in double (or triple in my case)
  To make it easier to spot look for //. For example here is the beginning of the ones I had in double
  //Display ads on the top of the page
  //Welcome ads
  //Below the menu ads
  //Close table for towerright ads
You'll understand what I mean once you look at the script.
5. Delete the duplicates.
6.Upload back to server.
7.Done

Sounds harder than it is if your intimidated by code but it was not bad. Just took time to figure out what I was doing. Hopefully this info will save you all some time and frustration. Have fun  :o