Support > General Support

Struggling to install Ad Management Mod V 1.0.2b on SMF 1.0.7

(1/3) > >>

sparkimarki:
Hi

Please Help

I am struggling to install Ad Management Mod V 1.0.2b on SMF 1.0.7

Selected package manager / download new packages and selected the dowloaded zip named ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b

Lists under heading Package Manager - Browse Packages but not on menu. When I select Apply Mod I see

Apply Mod
Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions. 

Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Code install.php 
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Success
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Success
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Success
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Success
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Success
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Success
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Success

However I then see:

FTP Information Required
Some of the files this package needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and chmoding the files. 

I understand some ISPs block CHMOD as when I enter server details nothing happens. On other threads it is suggested manually CHMOD permissions to 777 and find out which files from install.xml

Am I correct to assume it is the files listed 2-8 (above)? as I have manually changed permissions on these files and the directories themes/default (both) and sources but this make no difference when I try to Apply Mod.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sparkimarki.

bigguy:
Did you change the permissions (chmod) via ftp ??? If so, log into your cpanel and change the permissions that way. Sometimes when you chmod through ftp it doesn`t take effect.

sparkimarki:
Hi

I have checked through my control panel and they have been changed to 777 - any other ideas please?

Thanks.

bigguy:
Is the package folder chmodded to 777 ???

sparkimarki:
yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version