News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Can't delete or save certain "ad" - manually remove?

Started by LittlBUGer, August 21, 2007, 05:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittlBUGer

Hello.  I have a client who "accidentally" put some live help module code into a new ad in the Ad Manangement mod for his SMF forum.  Well, since he did this, other than screwing up all of the ads on his forums, when he tries to go and delete that specific ad (or even when I try), the layout of the page gets all messed up (it's splicing the live help module code into the SMF code, etc.) and though I can find the Save and Delete buttons, they don't actually do anything.  Is there an easy way to manually delete an ad, whether that takes manual code edits and/or mySQL queries, etc.?  Thanks for your help.  :)

Screenshot of what I mean is below (I merged two screenshots together hastily):

jerm

hhmmm, ya i see the problem. I guess in the next version, I should have the delete button located on another page. That way when things screw up like this there is an easier fix.

I believe the problem comes from the single quotes used. The code you where given is really poor. They use single and double quotes. If you know how to edit the database, you can delete that entry. Next time you input the code, make sure to replace all single quotes with double.

LittlBUGer

Umm, my question had nothing to do with the actual live help code.  You shouldn't be putting a live help module into the Ad Management area... that's just silly.  So I was looking for a way to remove it.  Luckily I didn't realize it was as easy as manually going into the SMF database and deleting a couple entries.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  :)

NYSEMTI

As a Newb how exactly do I get into my databse to delete these and what do I delete. i have the smae prob where I cannot delte a broken add the delete button or save buttons do not work? Uninstall and reinstall of ad manager does nto work? THey come back.