News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Installing Ad Mod

Started by qualtrough, August 06, 2006, 01:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qualtrough

I am trying to install Ad Mod 2.0 to my forum (SMF 1.0.7-default theme). I have downloaded it so that I can see it in the Package Manager - Browse Function. The problem is that I don't know how to proceed from there. I have spent the last two hours reading through previous posts and FAQs and I still have not been able to figure out how to install Ad Mod 2.0 using the Package Manager. I do not know very much about php, but can usually follow instructions. If anyone can provide any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

bigguy

For smf 1.0.7 you should be installing ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b If you have smf 1.1rc2 you should be installing ad_mod_rc2_v2.

qualtrough

Quote from: bigguy on August 06, 2006, 01:10:34 AM
For smf 1.0.7 you should be installing ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b If you have smf 1.1rc2 you should be installing ad_mod_rc2_v2.
Thanks! I will try that and report back.

qualtrough

Thanks much bigguy! I downloaded the version you mentioned, and this time after browsing and locating it there was an Apply Modification link that did not appear before. Clicked that and the installation was successful. You made my day! :)

bigguy

talkleft

I am using SMF 1.0.7 with the Saf-Blue theme.  I would like to have  a vertical column to the right of the boards to display my ads.  The ads are automatically inserted and updated via my two line javascript code.

Is this possible and how would I do it? Do I need to download Ad Mod and which version?  Will it allow me to display my ads (they are all 150 wide, the height varies)?

thanks very much.

bigguy

If your using smf 1.0.7 you cannot use the ad mod v2 as it is only for smf 1.1rc2. So you would have to upgrade your install of smf in order to get the ads were you want them.

hygron

While on the subject of upgrading smf install...What is the big advantage to upgrading? ( I realize their are some Mods not available to older versions) And, 

Would it be a long drawn out process?  Upgrading to the newer 1.1rc2/newest version

and, Do you uninstall 1.0.7 or is 1.1 merely and upgrade install?

I hope I made myself clear!  Trying to learn how to communicate in a more exact manner with you folks...thanks.  H
Live a greener healthier intentionally self-substantial lifestyle, and leave a smaller footprint on dear "Mother Earth"

bigguy

To upgrade the first thing you do is remove all the mods you have installed. Then BACKUP EVERYTHING. (just in case) then you use the upgrade.php files found on the download site of Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums Upload all of the upgrade files replacing your exsisting ones and run the upgrade.php file from your browser. Then install your mods again.

DO NOT UNINSTALL ANYTHING EXCEPT MODS