News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ad not showing up for "Which boards should this ad display in"

Started by azdilligaf, July 25, 2007, 11:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azdilligaf

I am using the "SMF Default Theme - Core"  Everything seems to be working.  I am using the 2.3 Ad package.

I am trying to place an add on a board within my category.  I have a general Category (the first category on my page) and within that category i have 6 boards.  On the 5th board that is dedicated to investment games I want a ad to show up for a company that sells them. 

Is this what the first option in the ad management is for?  "Which boards should this ad display in"?  I put 5 in since it is the 5th board, but it doesnt show up.  Just to double check I looked in all the boards and it does not show up.  Do i need to use a # or do i need to reference the actual board name?

Also When i selected my google adsense to show up, I wanted it to show up under my last category, which there are 8 categories.  But in order to see if on the page, i actually had to put 6 in the "Display ads after categories" field?  Any reason why that is?  Almost like it isn't reading a few of the categories above as a category?

Thanks for your help.  Everything else seems to be running awsome.

Garrylawton

I was trying to put my adds after certain categories and they wern't showing up in the right place

I found that the categories aren't numbered in order of appearance  but in order of when they were created .

when you are on a board you might need to look at the address bar to see the board number

in example

http://www.yabber.ca/index.php?[b][color=red]board=8.0[/color][/b]

Hope this helps

azdilligaf

Good Catch, I just looked at my categories and boards in the URL and that is deffinitely what happens.  The categories and Boards are not as they appear, they are #'d as they were created.  Thanks for the info! 

Garrylawton

Your welcome

can you post the html code you are using to display the ads as I only know how to paste and copy   , not write the code needed to display the ads