News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ad not showing up for "Which boards should this ad display in"

Started by azdilligaf, July 25, 2007, 11:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azdilligaf

I am using the "SMF Default Theme - Core"  Everything seems to be working.  I am using the 2.3 Ad package.

I am trying to place an add on a board within my category.  I have a general Category (the first category on my page) and within that category i have 6 boards.  On the 5th board that is dedicated to investment games I want a ad to show up for a company that sells them. 

Is this what the first option in the ad management is for?  "Which boards should this ad display in"?  I put 5 in since it is the 5th board, but it doesnt show up.  Just to double check I looked in all the boards and it does not show up.  Do i need to use a # or do i need to reference the actual board name?

Also When i selected my google adsense to show up, I wanted it to show up under my last category, which there are 8 categories.  But in order to see if on the page, i actually had to put 6 in the "Display ads after categories" field?  Any reason why that is?  Almost like it isn't reading a few of the categories above as a category?

Thanks for your help.  Everything else seems to be running awsome.

Garrylawton

I was trying to put my adds after certain categories and they wern't showing up in the right place

I found that the categories aren't numbered in order of appearance  but in order of when they were created .

when you are on a board you might need to look at the address bar to see the board number

in example

http://www.yabber.ca/index.php?[b][color=red]board=8.0[/color][/b]

Hope this helps

azdilligaf

Good Catch, I just looked at my categories and boards in the URL and that is deffinitely what happens.  The categories and Boards are not as they appear, they are #'d as they were created.  Thanks for the info! 

Garrylawton

Your welcome

can you post the html code you are using to display the ads as I only know how to paste and copy   , not write the code needed to display the ads